• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tube front end Pic's

74lumenaire

Loc.
Clarkston
Anyone have the cahonies to remove front inner sheetmetal and tube it up??? need pics to inspire me to do the same, need to come up with room for supercharger intercooler!!

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I've seen quite a few that have. It leaves a lot less room for mounting things, but necessary for some suspension mods.

Attachments

• 20150709_164903.jpg
    20150709_164903.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 317

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
A little different approach - I used 1 1/2 square tube to tube out both the front and the rear. Top of the square tube matches the old inner fenders where it supports the fenders. I narrowed my front 7 inches on each side and rear 6 each side. Front of the tube frame mimics the core support and bolts to the front body mounts that held the core support. It all unbolts for easy removal. The frame is mainly to support the radiator, the fiberglass skins and the grill.

Attachments

• IMG_2055.jpg
    IMG_2055.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 353

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I'm starting on mine this weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 293

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did also since I narrowed the grill and dobbed the front. It's all removable - front hoop behind the grill and two legs that bolt to the firewall with tabs to mount the fenders. The front hoop mounts to the front body mounts. These pics are on a moc-up frame/body we used during my build.

With a narrowed body and full width axles, I get almost no debris in the engine bay which is left wide open.

attachment.php

attachment.php

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Here is what I did. Nothing fancy just some 1" tubing.

Attachments

• 76BR24.JPG
    76BR24.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 76BR25.JPG
    76BR25.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 76BR26.JPG
    76BR26.JPG
    244.9 KB · Views: 153

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I'm starting soon so I've been looking for pics. Here are a few that I've found

Attachments

• IMG_3046.jpg
    IMG_3046.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_3047.jpg
    IMG_3047.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3048.JPG
    IMG_3048.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_3050.JPG
    IMG_3050.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3051.JPG
    IMG_3051.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 224
  • front clip X!V.jpg
    front clip X!V.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_3052.JPG
    IMG_3052.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 246

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
As with Monster Mike and SC74, I tubed and narrowed my crawler front end. It is almost identical to SC74's, so I won't throw more pics of the same in here.

As stated- you have to get creative with mounting everything else under the hood... probably more time consuming that the actual design and manufacture of the tube front end...

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I got the easy part done last night. I plan to take design ideas from a few of the ones above so I hope I can get it right and looking good.

Attachments

• IMG_3252.jpg
    IMG_3252.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_3255.jpg
    IMG_3255.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 171

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I'm starting soon so I've been looking for pics. Here are a few that I've found

I believe the first two pics you have posted belong to Crab. I have one of his Crab Roll Bars. I inquired about that particular front tubed cage and they don't make them anymore. Still to this day I want one of those from Crab! I love it!

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I believe the first two pics you have posted belong to Crab. I have one of his Crab Roll Bars. I inquired about that particular front tubed cage and they don't make them anymore. Still to this day I want one of those from Crab! I love it!

They sure are. I like a lot about that design so I will incorporate a few things from his. I like the bar that runs from the firewall towards the front. I plan to bring the bottom leg to my rock rail support and instead of being a complete hoop around the engine bay, I will run it down to the body mount like one of the other pictures show. From there I will build some hoops to connect the two sides.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
They sure are. I like a lot about that design so I will incorporate a few things from his. I like the bar that runs from the firewall towards the front. I plan to bring the bottom leg to my rock rail support and instead of being a complete hoop around the engine bay, I will run it down to the body mount like one of the other pictures show. From there I will build some hoops to connect the two sides.

Isn't he still doing work out there by you? I'm not wanting to climb over rocks but I'd love to have that front cage on my lubr build.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Isn't he still doing work out there by you? I'm not wanting to climb over rocks but I'd love to have that front cage on my lubr build.

I'm not sure if he's still building cages. His cages were all the rage when he was building them. Everyone wanted a Crab cage. I have the tools so I'm going to tackle this myself. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I'm not sure if he's still building cages. His cages were all the rage when he was building them. Everyone wanted a Crab cage. I have the tools so I'm going to tackle this myself. I'll let you know what I come up with.

That would be awesome! Thx a bunch!

JSmall

Bronco Guru
This is as far as I could get today. There will be a bar that goes from the first bend near the firewall to the rock rail support. It is plenty strong now, but that will give it a little more. We mirrored the other side so we will start that soon. The core support bars and hoops off the side for the grill will be last.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
That looks great, that's some serious tube bending skills.
My only suggestion is to think hard about losing the front body mount.
If you've pushed your front end forward at all, it's easy to rub that body mount, it's easy to just land that tube on the frame.