• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tuffy Lock Boxes

gslack

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I have a 69 EB and I have moved on from the mechanical more so towards the interior, I have the carpets in, the back seat with new leather, new seats, stereo and speaker pannels bla bla bla. and I am getting a headliner soon. Anyways though,

I am looking at a tuffy glove box and I noticed it has a different than stock configuration so you dont have to cut anythin' off if you get a roll bar so your glove box will open (Which I had to do) and then I have been looking at tuffy center consoles and I am wondering if any one has any experience to share with their products?

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
The center console is very popular for a good reason. It works and its tough. The stereo insert is a big plus also. The cupholders are functional but obviously an afterthought.

I just installed the glovebox. No modification needed to mount the thing. You might need to do some minor filing to get the holes to line up. Im not too keen on how the tuffy protrudes out of the dash but that is minor. I will paint it to make the box look less obvious.

I also got the under seat drawer. Two words - Simply awesome ;D

OP
OP
G

gslack

Loc.
Colorado Springs
well thats nice to know, i just had a stereo installed and had the dash cut, blah, but maybe i could relocate the stereo and install something else in the dash like a gps lol.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
I've installed the Tuffy glove box and console. I welded up the dash and currently in the process of mounting 3 gauges where the radio was. You can install a stainless or painted plate over the radio hole and mount something there. Also you'll enjoy the console too.

Attachments

• post1.jpg
    post1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 78
  • post2.jpg
    post2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 89
  • post3.jpg
    post3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 84

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I've installed the Tuffy glove box and console. I welded up the dash and currently in the process of mounting 3 gauges where the radio was. You can install a stainless or painted plate over the radio hole and mount something there. Also you'll enjoy the console too.

That looks soooo good painted!!

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
That looks soooo good painted!!

I'm like you I don't like how it sticks out at the bottom. I painted the one on my 66 also and moved it in a little bit. I ground the door down on the bottom corners so it would clear a little bit better. Over time it ended up hitting again and chipped the paint, so this one I just left it sticking out.

OP
OP
G

gslack

Loc.
Colorado Springs
i guess that could bug me but im not sure if it will, im digging the guages on your eb lol. i have some guages i think im going to wire on my rollbar and then run the lines under the roll bar plastic wrap and into the dash. and i wish i had a dedicated garage. hmmmm

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
well thats nice to know, i just had a stereo installed and had the dash cut, blah, but maybe i could relocate the stereo and install something else in the dash like a gps lol.

I did this, put three autometers in the old stereo cut out. I have a pic in my gallery, it was not all cleaned and finshed, but you get the idea. I actually like how it turned out.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
Here's my pic of the glove box in my dash. I have a fiberglass dash, the glove box opening is actually shifted over to clear the roll cage, but still wanted the tuffy glove box. Can you get a keyed set to work with the glove box, under seat storage, and the console?

Sorry.. Added the wrong pic

Attachments

• IMG_0530.jpg
    IMG_0530.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Dash pic.JPG
    Dash pic.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 39