• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tuffy Security Glove Box install

broncaholic

Does anyone know if the cage needs to be removed to install the Tuffy Security glove box?

Tx

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I just put mine in after three years of thinking that same thing. Here is what I did. If you look at the box the cover can be removed by 3 nuts. You can also remove the front piece right next to the doors by removing two nuts that are inside the box with a ratchet and socket. Once the front is removed I was able to slip the box in starting with the end the fuse box would be at. You'll have to slide (and turn it at the same time) all the way towards the ash tray and then bring it back and put it in place. I do not have a sock speaker so I'm not sure if that would get in the way or not. I did a couple test fits (I have my EFI computer back there and just wanted to make sure everything fit OK. Then I stuck the mounting bracket in place and screwed the box in. Then I just put the face plate and door back on and all works great.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
B

broncaholic

Thanks broncokak. On a different subject, since you mentioned it, How did you mount your EEC? Still looking to mount mine as it is hanging under the dash.
Tx

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Well, mine is just tucked up in where the speaker would be. It seems to set in there pretty well and not bounce around so I just left it there. It's a little tighter fit now with the Tuffy box. Look just below the speaker and you can see the harness to computer plug hanging down.

Attachments

• glove box.jpg
    glove box.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 43

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Can you please post the link to Ryan's bracket?

I do need to make one. I need to pull the dash and rewire everything behind it. The PO had a mess back there and a number of the wires were melted and burned. I had to cut a lot out and replace them. I'd like to completely re-do the dash with some nice gauges. When I do that I'll move the glove box over and place speaker over there (One on each end of the dash) so I'll have to find a new place for the computer. I'm thinking the bottom of the Tuffy Box might work pretty good.