• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Turbo City bolt on EFI Question

ngsd

Bronco Guru
I have an old school build that I am starting to freshen up. I ripped out a lot of wiring, electronics, etc and some of it affects the EFI sensors. It is an old "Turbo City bolt on EFI" which is basically a GM TBI system. They worked well and were fairly simple but I am not quite sure about how they go together. Does anyone have any experience with these or better yes old manuals or wiring diagrams? I know that is a long shot but just thought I would ask. I eventually will replace it with either a PF4 or maybe even back to a carb but for now it is on there and ran well so replacing it is not the first priority Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
I knew this was going to be a tough ask as it is really old school. I just wanted to thank Randy at Driven 4x4 for coming through once again. He had an old manual still from his early days of installing these and helped me out big time.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it a physical manual, or a file that you can share?
Be nice to have that as an archive.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Here is a manual copy Paul. Go ahead and download it as the link will only be active for a short period. Thanks

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great, thanks!
It takes you through a couple of steps, and did not want to print when I tried. Apparently a Dropbox thing, but I think it's downloading so will know in a sec. if it took.
(yep, seems to have worked like normal)

Now I have some reading to catch up on!

Thanks again.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and I finally found my copy of the 1979 Ford "Solid State Ignition" service news bulletin. I remember it having some good info in it.
Looks like I have some time at the scanner to put in myself in the next few days!

Paul

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
these are old systems so probably not too many out there. It is basically the old GM TBI or similar to affordable EFI. It is really straight forward, just not sure about a couple of added sensors in the cab. Hope it helps someone like Randy helped me.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Makes saving some of the old documentation even more important. Not used often, but when needed it's a lifesaver!

Paul