• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

turn signal fuse

ehumaui

Working on getting all the electrical gremlins out of the wiring. I keep blowing the turn signal fuse when I turn on the turn signal on. New turn signal relay.

Any ideas why? Short?

rc

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Definitely a short to ground. Could be in the front harness, rear harness or even in the switch itself. Check the hazard light operation. If those work at all 4 corners the problem is in the turn switch.

Gweiner

Loc.
Charlotte
Bump. I have the same issue. All 4 corner lights work, hazards work. Cleaned grounds but now turn signals when I pull the lever on the column. Where is the turn signal switch? Is that the one on the column under the steering wheel?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Bump. I have the same issue. All 4 corner lights work, hazards work. Cleaned grounds but now turn signals when I pull the lever on the column. Where is the turn signal switch? Is that the one on the column under the steering wheel?

That's it. Make sure your turn signal flasher is good first. Swap it with the hazard flasher. Also check the turn signal fuse.

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon

Replacing the turn signal switch is a breeze, watch this YouTube video on how to do if you've never done one before. Very straight forward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4a9_SpET7c

Gweiner

Loc.
Charlotte
Thanks guys. I just repaved the turn signal switch not too long ago. However, I recently puller the upper steering shaft and had some issues with the shift linkage. It was "Banging around" for a week or so until I fixed the problem. I am wondering if I destroyed the new switch. Will take a look.

Thanks again guys. Love this site and the EB brotherhood.