• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

U.S. 20MM Ammo can for starage box.

gjrock

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Anacortes,WA
I just wanted to give you a cheap effective way to store things.The 20mm can is waterproof and measures 17.25l x7.25w x14d ".the fit behind the rear seat. You can get them for about $14.00 each

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Their great! I have used them for 30 years. I have one in my 14' boat to deep things dry and I have one bolted to the side of my 4-wheeler trailer to deep tools, straps and such.
I am thinking of cutting one down and make a center console.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I used to see them for sale on the side of the road in CA all the time but not recently here in OR

gpete

I just wanted to give you a cheap effective way to store things.The 20mm can is waterproof and measures 17.25l x7.25w x14d ".the fit behind the rear seat. You can get them for about $14.00 each
I use one to carry my tools, very usefull

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
here is what sstlaure2 did with his in the back. I might copy. I think he used 25 mm cans though

Attachments

• sstlaure2.JPG
    sstlaure2.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 224

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
I am using the smaller 7.62 ammo boxes. I plan on mounting one with a lock on it next to the spare tire carrier (when I build one) to put a tow chain and strap inside. Oh and some 7.62 ammo.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I mounted one on my spare tire carrier for tools.

They are a little hrd to find in the surplus stores now. I guess they are all piled up in the desert. :)

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
I've got one in between my two front seats mounted to the floor. Makes a great center console/storage box when wheeling. I lined mine with carpet and store my digital camera and cash and whatever else while wheeling. Got mine on Ebay for around twenty bucks.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
here is what sstlaure2 did with his in the back. I might copy. I think he used 25 mm cans though

And to think I was going to post pics. I did use the 25mm cans, I had to lop off a small corner on the RH box to clear the inner fenderwell, and I did some serious chopping on the one on the driver side to clear the filler neck details on the inside of my tub.

I've got some additional pics on my computer at work. I'll post them tomorrow if anyone is interested.

I paid $20 each.

Almost forgot...In order to open these...I'm going to slice the lid lengthwise, weld the back small part to the can, then put a piano hinge between the 2 halves and use one of the latch assemblies that can with the boxes in the inboard side. One will be a toolbox, the other a cooler (I plan on putting a drain hose through the floor for the water to drain out and Rhinolining the inside to make it waterproof.)

77broncoguy

Loc.
Grand Rapids, MI
I've got one between my seats as well (a smaller one). I plasma cut holes to mount 2 speakers, and I also have the t handle for my western plow in there. It's great I can put the cover on, and other than the red cables coming out of the front, you'd never guess my plow control was in there.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Here's mine. I have an extra for any fellow Alaskan's who need one.

Attachments

• Console.JPG
    Console.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 92

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Here are the rest of the pics I have of my 25mm boxes

Attachments

• 030405 Ammo Box.JPG
    030405 Ammo Box.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 030405 LH Tool Box cardboard 2.JPG