• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

U13 roadster V8

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This looks to be an early '67. Dash knobs, dash color, door key lock tucked up very high to door handle and the dual reservoir are all typical '67 goodies! And the tail lights have the back up lights within them. Interior door handles and window cranks are '67s too.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
It seems odd that both of the Broncos that Andres has found in that junk yard are 67's. both vin#'s are only a few numbers apart and were built in Nov 67. Wonder why the engine code is a "6" instead of "F" or "N" ???

Which brings up another question? Does the total number of Broncos produced include the exported ones? I would assume so. Lets assume that some of the 68 Roadsters were exported that would make them even harder to find.

OP
OP
A

andres

clarrance the blue U15 was on a yunk yard and the green U13 on a parking lot far away on the road

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
andres,go find the '67 U14 that would make a complete set.;)

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Makes you wonder why that second one was parked.... The body looks great and nothings looks missing... Around here we could get that running over the weekend. Clean it up and give it a new paint job and that would go for $15,000 USD pretty easily.
By the way, I love your posts... You even type with an accent! ;D;D

Sporto

Makes you wonder why that second one was parked.... The body looks great and nothings looks missing... Around here we could get that running over the weekend. Clean it up and give it a new paint job and that would go for $15,000 USD pretty easily.
By the way, I love your posts... You even type with an accent! ;D;D

I agree Andres is a true Bronco enthusiast. A great addition to the Bronco community.

That said, a complete U13 could sell for $15,000 USD easily like Eoth said. Probably more if it was cleaned up and running.

Rich

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
It seems odd that both of the Broncos that Andres has found in that junk yard are 67's. both vin#'s are only a few numbers apart and were built in Nov 67. Wonder why the engine code is a "6" instead of "F" or "N" ???

Which brings up another question? Does the total number of Broncos produced include the exported ones? I would assume so. Lets assume that some of the 68 Roadsters were exported that would make them even harder to find.

The 6 is for an exported low compression engine, built to run on lower octane fuels in different countries. Still a 170, just not the same 170 the F code calls for.

I've wondered before how many U13s were exported. Makes them harder to find. The neat thing is, it being a '67 U13 makes it one of 698, and possibly the only one with a low compression engine. Could be more than one, but certainly very few. I would say that the exported ones are included in production numbers, considering they have the same style VIN and were built in Michigan.

I'm loving that U13. Very cool. :cool:

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I remember another thread about Broncos in Iceland that came up a while back that mentioned only certain year model Broncos were exported there (New). I'd say this is a similar situation in Colombia.

EDIT: Not a Kelley top.

Last edited:

techlaf

Contributor
The driver fender mirror, or what's left, is pretty cool. I think $15K in it's current state is bit ambitious even in today's market. Easily worth $5k, but I think $10K tops in its current unknown if running or original engine state.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Is that a Kelly top?

I thought they had symetrical side windows and a larger, funky looking up-angled leading edge.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
This looks to be an early '67. Dash knobs, dash color, door key lock tucked up very high to door handle and the dual reservoir are all typical '67 goodies! And the tail lights have the back up lights within them. Interior door handles and window cranks are '67s too.

Also the VIN sequential number is '67 and not '66. A '66 production number starts with 732000.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I can't see the pics here at work. I thought it was a Kelley top this morning, but I didn't pay it much attention. Should have looked closer I guess. The back of the top looked like a Kelley before 5am with not much sleep.

Still, a very cool very rare Bronco with a rare engine code.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I can't see the pics here at work. I thought it was a Kelley top this morning, but I didn't pay it much attention. Should have looked closer I guess. The back of the top looked like a Kelley before 5am with not much sleep.

Still, a very cool very rare Bronco with a rare engine code.

It does not look like a Kelly or an original?

As I recall, the Kelly uses the same glass for all three windows.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
It does not look like a Kelly or an original?

As I recall, the Kelly uses the same glass for all three windows.

It's probably not either. Like I said, I saw it early this morning and just got a quick glimpse of the top so I don't really know at the moment.

I would love to see a Marti on this thing. It would be nice to know how many were exported, how many had that engine, etc.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
There is another picture somewhere on this site with a nice uncut Bronco with that same style top. I think Blue71 posted it a while back. It too was from another country.