• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA U13 up for Auction with Mecum

Ovalis

Contributor
Loc.
Los Angeles
Damn Bobby, your 68 is my favorite roadster out there. What a beauty!! Loved how you found the NOS mirrors. Your 66 is still sitting safe with me and not going anywhere.

Mike

Attachments

• verdugo park.jpg
    verdugo park.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 52

Broncoblood

Contributor
Thanx for the compliment Ovalis, it definately is going to be missed.
you're in luck, I play the lottery every week so if I win, I might just give you your favorite Roadster : )

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was wondering if maybe Carpers old roadster fell victim to what sometimes happens with nice examples of a vehicle and some highly funded collections - decent cars or trucks with exceptional parts get purchased and parted out. It's happened to several I know of.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
This 68 U13 just went up on BAT today.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yea wonder if it would be cost effective to take it back to original
In my opinion - not a chance. You'd spend cubic dollars to get it back to original and then you'd still be stuck with a truck that wouldn't be worth near what you put into it. I'd say just drive this one and enjoy it as-is.

Todd Z.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Yea wonder if it would be cost effective to take it back to original
No way. Imo the only way to make money on a u13 restoration is to do a restomod to the point that it doesn't look like, drive like or perform like a roadster any longer lol.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Okie are you going to the Mecum in Tulsa?
No I hadn't planned on it, I'm usually in a combine or tractor or sprayer just about every day in June and July if it's not raining. That yellow 71' is pretty sharp though.

Broncoblood

Contributor
I graduated from Chico State and my buddy from somewhere out east started a band callled 'Combine Jim' which I think was referring to a famous accident that happened in a combine?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I graduated from Chico State and my buddy from somewhere out east started a band callled 'Combine Jim' which I think was referring to a famous accident that happened in a combine?
Haha no idea. Most folks who have an accident around a combine don't survive lol.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Yes Todd and Bobbie nailed it. You cant take one that already has been done and take it back cost effectively. Even taking an old one that needs a stock restoration doesn't yield a positive cash flow. It is a shame as they are so cool but the limited buyer audience dictates that. I recently bought one on Bring a Trailer that I had no intention of buying. I couldn't resist though as it was far less than the cos of the restoration it had. I love playing around with it on weekends and it the most admired one I have by passers by, but is so impractical.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
If I recall the chain of events correctly, Tom sold it to the guy selling it on BaT. Sold in the high 50s or low 60s to the guy who then tried to peddle it on BaT thinking he was going to get a lot more $$ for it - we saw how that turned out.... I can't remember if it went back on FB after that or not.

As Mark noted, the 6 cylinder roadsters have a real limited audience and generally don't go for as much as people wish they would with very few exceptions. It's also become obvious in the past few years that half cabs just don't bring as much either.

Todd Z.
Sold for 41k today