• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Under-dash speakers in Tuffy ad question...

Louie

Bronco Guru
Every day I log on to this site I see the Tuffy ad with that under-dash speaker setup in the picture that looks like it mounts to the bottom of the dash. Does anyone know if anyone actually makes that speaker and if it's available? TIA

Loc.
Salt Lake City
This one? It fits 5 1/4" speakers.

Attachments

• 065_detail.jpg
    065_detail.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 40

72bronco

Bronco Guru
And here is a picture of mine mounted in my bronco...

Attachments

• FrontSpeaker.jpg
    FrontSpeaker.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 150

Baja71

Bronco Guru
72bronco said:
And here is a picture of mine mounted in my bronco...

Hey, that doesn't look too bad! But what's that long stick in front of it? ;)

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Jamers said:
That looks like his transfer case shifter, with an aftermarket knob.

Ok, I thought he might have been a lounge singer! :)

J/K, what type of shifter knob is that?

The only thing I don't like about that speaker setup is that the speakers are right next to each other and you lose the stereo affect. Do they make them for separate speakers?

OP
OP
Louie

Louie

Bronco Guru
I'm not talking about the Tuffy speaker box itself, but the speaker setup in the Tuffy site sponsor ad on our classicbroncos.com homepage. You know, it looks like a 1 piece unit that's holding a few little speakers in there mounted to the bottom of the dash.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Louie said:
I'm not talking about the Tuffy speaker box itself, but the speaker setup in the Tuffy site sponsor ad on our classicbroncos.com homepage. You know, it looks like a 1 piece unit that's holding a few little speakers in there mounted to the bottom of the dash.

Oh, I didn't think that was a Tuffy product.

OP
OP
Louie

Louie

Bronco Guru
I don't think it is a Tuffy product. It's just in the Bronco in their ad picture.

mitzel

Loc.
Googleplex
Baja71
> Oh, I didn't think that was a Tuffy product.

I agree. that speaker seems to be an owner installed customization that
just crept in with the picture for the bronco glovebox. you can see a slightly
larger version on the tuffy site: http://www.tuffyproducts.com/glovebox/108.html

I guess there's no harm pasting the picture in here?

Attachments

• tuffy_speaker.jpg
    tuffy_speaker.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
Louie

Louie

Bronco Guru
Thanks Mitzel, that's the one I was talking about. That's a trick little deal there. You're right...it's probably custom :eek: Oh well, there goes another idea shot down.