• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Undercarriage detail?

gray gables

has anyone detailed the undercarriage of there bronco like it's done in the sales brochure? In my 67 brochure on the back page it shows the undercarriage in full detail. The frame is all black, the axles,drivetrain and driveshafts are painted ford blue. The shocks, springs, coil springs, trac bar and radius arms are all painted yellow. What gives on this type of detail?

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
its that color so you can tell what is what in the brochure, not the color they have it painted

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
its that color so you can tell what is what in the brochure, not the color they have it painted

X2 most likely a color scheme to highlight the bullet points in the brochure. As far as I know everything was either black, bare cast, or red oxide from the factory.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Remember the ford commercial where an f series had a Chevy pickup across the bed and towing a dodge up a hill? Twin I beam suspension all bright red to show articulation. Fine print (specially modified vehicle .....)

Hank

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's one I did back to original.

Attachments

• DSC04048.jpg
    DSC04048.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC04050.jpg
    DSC04050.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 173