• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Unexpected result ends with ability to talk

73bronco

I just finished up my EFI conversion on Monday. For some reason(assuming more air flow in equals more air flow out) the exhaust became much, MUCH louder. Pretty much to the point that I wasn't sure I wouldn't get pulled over for it. It was just 2 cherry bombs and very short length. So I went and picked up some small turbo mufflers and added them the the exhaust. Now it is quite bearable! I can talk to my wife while driving. I am very happy!

Scrapper_MV

Small changes in the tune can make a big difference in sound. When I had my timing advanced too far and had to run 91 octane the Bronco set off car alarms all the time. Now the timing is dialed back and it never triggers car alarms, and I can run 89 octane.

OP
OP
73bronco

73bronco

Congrats, do you notice anything better/worse with the fi besides noise?

Absolutely nothing worse besides the louder exhaust. It starts every time with just a touch of the key and the idle is probably as smooth as a new car. If I would have realized how much better it was overall I would have injected it long ago!

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Awsome, love to hear good results! I've got an engine for mine (supposedly 350 hp) waiting to go in, just gotta get the time and the rest of the parts (wireing harness, flywheel), then get off my but and do it! Good for you!

msweb

Bronco Guru
....So I went and picked up some small turbo mufflers and added them the the exhaust. Now it is quite bearable! I can talk to my wife while driving. I am very happy!

I'd have put the additional mufflers on the wife so I could enjoy the sound of the exhaust ;D

plumbdoctor

Loc.
Golden
hey 73 where in Arvada are you? I'd like to check it out as I am doing a swap right now. I am off 60th and Easley