• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Unofficial Moab Bronco Safari, 2011

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
Whos all doing the Unofficial Bronco Safari this coming year, 2011?

Just checking up as bud and I had so much fun in 2010, we want to do it again.;D

And no intentions of sending any jackass money for nothing.:mad:

First week of May, cant wait!

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Three hours away for me so if there's a group I'll try to head over for a few days, maybe I'll even have the buggy done by then:eek:

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
Best Trip I have ever taken. 30 hours each way and $2800 in diesel fuel was all worth it. I'm holding out hope I can do it again!

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
So....I've been out of the game a long while. What's this about sending someone money, and what's with the 'unofficial' Bronco Safari? I kinda started the Bronco Safari in the late 90's and I'm damn sure going to be part of it again this year, and from here on out. But fill me in.....what are ya'll referring to?

Whos all doing the Unofficial Bronco Safari this coming year, 2011?

Just checking up as bud and I had so much fun in 2010, we want to do it again.;D

And no intentions of sending any jackass money for nothing.:mad:

First week of May, cant wait!

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
So....I've been out of the game a long while. What's this about sending someone money, and what's with the 'unofficial' Bronco Safari? I kinda started the Bronco Safari in the late 90's and I'm damn sure going to be part of it again this year, and from here on out. But fill me in.....what are ya'll referring to?

Coby,
The safari was supposed to happen last year, and it did, in a way. But, the people in charge bailed at the last minute, leaving everyone hanging. I have been in contact w/ another party, another EB club, that is interested in hosting the Safari for 2011. It will be held to first week of May, as far as I know. I will know more in January. Regardless, I will be there and my kids have been bugging me about going back to Moab. So, officially or un-officially, it will go on.......;D;D

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
Coby,
The safari was supposed to happen last year, and it did, in a way. But, the people in charge bailed at the last minute, leaving everyone hanging. I have been in contact w/ another party, another EB club, that is interested in hosting the Safari for 2011. It will be held to first week of May, as far as I know. I will know more in January. Regardless, I will be there and my kids have been bugging me about going back to Moab. So, officially or un-officially, it will go on.......;D;D

If they don't put it on I will. I'm pretty committed to makin' sure that and the Rocky Mountain Rendevous go on. Doesn't have to be me running it (which is good because I'm not the best person for it) but I'll help as I can and it falters I'll pick it up and drive it. I heard about how it went in years previous; sounded like an amazing effort and a really big result. Kudos to all the folks that drove 'em over the years, I know how much work it entails.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If they don't put it on I will. I'm pretty committed to makin' sure that and the Rocky Mountain Rendevous go on. Doesn't have to be me running it (which is good because I'm not the best person for it) but I'll help as I can and it falters I'll pick it up and drive it. I heard about how it went in years previous; sounded like an amazing effort and a really big result. Kudos to all the folks that drove 'em over the years, I know how much work it entails.

You're more than welcome to have the RMR back since it's your baby ;D Hardly any intrest last year, was planning on having it in Ouray but it seems that most folks like to have it in the Buena Vista area now instead. If you want to have it in Ouray Coby check out this campground http://www.ouraycolorado.com/rv4j great campround and it's a block or two off the main drag.

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
I'd make the trip if it were during summer vacation. No way I'm telling my son I'm hitting Moab without him:-X

RT

Bronco Guru
Coby,

I heard the first week of May also , at work they are already booking vacation time for the first half of next year . I'm slowly getting management to understand the importance of Bronco gatherings ,, but it's taking progressively bigger hammers to do it ;D Poor deprived non-Bronco owners..

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you next year , 131 days from now , not that I'm counting ,,,:p

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
I am hoping that we can have the Slickrock Campground available as the gathering spot. They have more amenities than other campgrounds and have a large area for meetings and such. I am going to reserve a spot there in Jan., I think they might be closed right now...

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
FYI. if you are planning or thinking about attending the Bronco Safari held the first week of May, then you better start planning and making reservations. I just found out that the Cruise Moab event will be held the same week. So, alot of people will be out there...

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
FYI. if you are planning or thinking about attending the Bronco Safari held the first week of May, then you better start planning and making reservations. I just found out that the Cruise Moab event will be held the same week. So, alot of people will be out there...

So you'll be there trail leading the Cruisers;D

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
So you'll be there trail leading the Cruisers;D

I was a trail leader for the Cruise Moab event for the first 7-8 years... They needed someone to show them how to 4wheel...;D Only because a good friend of mine was involved in the Rising Suns 4wheel drive club, that I helped out...

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Anyone going from the south east? I leave for overseas in June so this might be a great "family" vacation for us. Be nice to convoy out as a group.

If the wife don't want to go I might have to drive project grocery getter.....