• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

UPDATE A Petition To Keep The Bronco A Truck

palm428

Loc.
Northern colorado
seen this on a Bronco site check it out.

pacodiablo Posted: Oct 23 2004, 07:43 PM

As most of you probably know, the next Bronco has gotten the green light for production. However, Ford still has not decided on a platform. There are three possibilities being considered: a Ranger based Bronco, an Escape based Bronco or an "Eco Sport" based Bronco. Obviously, the Escape and Eco Sport (a small car based SUV Ford sells in South America) are not suitable platforms for the next Bronco. Ford is still considering them though. I wrote a letter to Ford about the Bronco already, but I decided a petition with a couple thousand signatures would be more convincing. Unlike many other petitions on Petition Online, this one will actually be submitted to Ford by me.

To sign the petition, go here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/bronco/petition.html

It takes less than a minute to sign. Sure, Ford may ignore it, but I think it is worth trying.

Last edited:

72BlueBronco

I signed it, hope it works. :)

since when did Ford give the green light for the Bronco? I haven't heard about it..............

Omega

the little car SUV's are one thing.....but the F150 or Ranger???....COME AWWWNNNN...........I would rather be a sheep in a jeep before buying one based on the ranger/F150. I hate to say it....but Jeep seems to be the only one that sticks to its guns. All Ford has to do is build one off their D90 line....simple and effective.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
palm428 said:
As most of you probably know, the next Bronco has gotten the green light for production.
Really? Anyone have any links or first hand knowledge about this? I didn't think Ford had gone beyond the "testing the waters" stage of design.

Jamers

Loc.
Van,BC,Canada
I agree with Badnewsbronco, the bronco will never be like the original, but hopefully they still do put it on a decent platform. I mean we are obviously going to modify them, so inventors and off road companies will come up with nice goodies to make our new bronco's more "old school"...

68beast

Loc.
Covina, Kalifornia
I think of the bronco 2 and shudder, atleat I will always have my '68. I too wish they would build this one Jeep like, and i begg them not to build it H2 like.

U

Unregistered

I think ford is trying pimp our ride- we need- boxed framed ,straight axles, selectable locker's, 4-1 transfercase, & a V8

phils70

Loc.
Rosenberg, Texas
Signed it.

Signed it, good idea.

If they aren't going to do it right, they should just let it alone.

I had a 2000 Ranger 4WD with regular cab and the goofy sportside bed. It was small enough to fit where my 70 EB does, but torsion bars? Use whats under the 05 F350 (5 link, coilsprings, Dana 60), just narrow it and use appropriate coils. Have the FX4 model with 4:1 low, electric lockers, a winch and 33" BFG ATs. The top must come off.

If the base model can't compete with the Wrangler Sport then don't bother.

OP
OP
P

palm428

Loc.
Northern colorado
Wow check out the petition 700 by the end of the night? I just hope that this helps the Bronco from turning into a yuppie ride. :cool: :cool: Classic Broncos.com helped a bunch 284 last night and 683 right now. A lot of us Bronco lovers out their ;D ;D thats cool to see.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I signed it but i don't hold out much hope.... :-[ :'(

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Since Ford has already given the go ahead for production, they have already decided on a basic platform. They have already built their concept Bronco and have taken it to all the shows. The public loved it and that is what made them decide to go to production. They are beyond the point of building a different concept Bronco to run up the flag pole. No letter with a thousand or two signatures is going to make them think twice.

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
there is no way a modern car company would build anything as sturdy as the old bronco these days. how long will a unibody hold up on a trail? and could you imagine replacing those fancy plastic body panels on the trail?

now if they decided to go after the defender- hummer crowd...

i read in auto week a while back a good description of the modern suv.
the only time they go off road is when they back over the neighbors flower bed.