• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Update to The Saga Begins

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Well, Today I am getting my shop and tools organized, because tomorrow the Bronco is going in for major surgery. I'm going to remove the front clip, restore the frame back to original(If you recall I have the J**p Wagoneer steering box Hack job). Get a real PS Gearbox, fab Shock hoops for the coil overs going in the front, yank out the engine/Transmission/Transfercase to do seals on them. 1" body lift, rear spring pivots, inboard shocks on the rear, twin stick conversion, plus I'm also redoing the wiring and hoses under hood. Should be in the shop for the entire winter, and part of the spring...but I'm looking forward to it!!!

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Re:The Saga Begins

aarongarcia2.jpg
<br><br>nice rims

66horse

Bronco Guru

SOunds like a hell of project! Have fun with it.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton

take lots of pics so we can see the progress ... and don't forget to take one before you start for comparison on each project . Have fun and good luck ;D

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD

[quote author=Brokenhorse link=board=5;threadid=11097;start=0#81510 date=1036884751]<br>Who the hell is brand x ?????? ?:?<br>[/quote]<br>SHhhhhh My research shows that it is the great Jeepster.............<br>

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru

There are several more things I'm going to do, guess I'll have to start my webpage to keep track of it all!

66horse

Bronco Guru

[quote author=WyleCoyote link=board=5;threadid=11097;start=0#81538 date=1036891316]<br>There are several more things I'm going to do, guess I'll have to start my webpage to keep track of it all!<br>[/quote]<br><br>Ya man!

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru

Great project there.<br><br>But a few questions... Why coil over the front before the rear??? You will get alot more gain out of the rear coilovered then the front.

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru

[quote author=HNRYS69 link=board=5;threadid=11097;start=0#81546 date=1036893182]<br>Great project there.<br><br>But a few questions... Why coil over the front before the rear??? You will get alot more gain out of the rear coilovered then the front.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Mostly cuz it's easier, I'm going to put spring rockers in the rear to help with that end, I may end up with coil overs back there eventually.

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru

Update on the Project:<br><br>I didn't get it into the shop as soon as expected. In fact I just got it in there today, got the engine removed, and began the head scratching, cost calculating, lies to tell the wife figuring stage!<br><br>I am going to get pics of it tomorrow, and I'll have them up on my web site(thats all that will be there)

Newt

The "BOSS" certainly knows where to find you this winter! :eek:

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
The empty Engine compartment, I don't know why it washed out so bad in the photo, but it is not really that light blue...<br><br>
beforeenginec.jpg
<br><br>And for those that were interested in the J**p wagoneer gearbox set up here is a couple pics that clarify it better<br><br>
beforesteering.jpg
<br><br>And a zoom in on the box itself<br><br>
beforesteeringzoom.jpg

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Dig the green torque converter and the uh..."rigged" power steering setup. Are you gonna keep that steering setup?

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the pics. You've made much more progress than I have. <br><br>snake