• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Update "Trick my Truck" We didn't win it...

msweb

Bronco Guru
THAT'S TOTAL BS!!! I'm with 2Broncos2Go. I want a recount!!!find those hanging chads and give me all the pain in the butt 'gorey' details!!! ;)

I'm sorry mad, I really am! tell ya what - if we can all get together to vote for his green bronco with the ladder on it, we can all make a contribution to the 'Trick Mad's Truck' account. I'll contribute the idea... %)

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
sfaforester said:
I'd be very curious what the counts were.

I emailed the promoter and this is what she sent back.

1. 850,568 - winner

2. 224,336 – your vehicle

Thanks for participating.

I still don't know which truck it was....

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I was attempting to set up my old pc which has microsoft recorder/player to repeat enter backspace enter backspace all night long. Bring up the page make the key stroke recording and hit the play button away it goes.
The winner has a programmer on his side, none of the other vehicles have the following and support that the EB has. I was voting from all 4 at work as I moved from station to station. My son was voting from home, I was as well on all pcs.
It would be interesting to see the number of different ip addresses that voted and how many times they did.
That unfortunately could eliminate much of our efforts as well.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I agree, it must have been won by someone running an automated program. Back a couple years ago when they had the vote for Mosnter Garage when the Bronco won, I think some guys were running something like that? It's funny, because I had just read the side of the box of the new Bronco toy from that show is says it won over the others with 46% of the vote.

Sorry to hear about that Mad, I think we all really wanted to see you get "pimped"!

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
THAT SUCKS...I thought for sure you would win...As soon as you find out who won, let us know...It better not be that superduty :mad:

brian72

Early Bronco Student
I tried to get one of my programmers to write a script that would dump a couple thousand votes at a time, but he said he could not do it. Something about everythign was server side using java beans.

I tried to hack the system, but my guy must not be as good as he thinks.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
I think we should write to 'Pimp my Ride' and tell them the story about Mad - who knows - maybe they'd jump on it.... %) couldn't hurt to try.....

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
2Broncos2Go said:
I think we should write to 'Pimp my Ride' and tell them the story about Mad - who knows - maybe they'd jump on it.... %) couldn't hurt to try.....

Now theres a thought. I would think they would buy something like that. It would give them a chance to go to Hawaii and bring the truck over.

Mad- do you have a daughter or female neice, cousin that we could use to give them a sad story? I don't think they'd have much interest if they knew how many other rides you had (and how awesome they look).

BroncGuy7710

Loc.
Louisville Ky
bad times Mad :( it would have been awesome if your bronco got "pimped" i agree with writing a story, maybe not to them, but any of the other show that od that. maybe the one that steals you car for a while..... Overhaulin. You could pretend to be sad ..:)

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
BroncGuy7710 said:
bad times Mad :( it would have been awesome if your bronco got "pimped" i agree with writing a story, maybe not to them, but any of the other show that od that. maybe the one that steals you car for a while..... Overhaulin. You could pretend to be sad ..:)

Great idea! but I'm not sure that people who live in Hawaii can PRETEND TO BE SAD ;) (j/k)