• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Updated pics (narrowed front and 4-link)

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Hmmmm, Very interesting. I like building stuff. I'm kinda busy right now trying to build a body. After that, who knows. I just might try some custom suspension. Nice job !

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
2badrotties said:
Hmmmm, Very interesting. I like building stuff. I'm kinda busy right now trying to build a body. After that, who knows. I just might try some custom suspension. Nice job !

2Bad. I'll bring mine up to NY and we'll have at it. :)

Man that thing looks good. I'd like to have that setup myself. Will it be hard to get the pinion angles right? How hard is it to get the links setup as far as lenghth so the handling, etc will be decent? Let us know.

Blue71

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
Jack,

Things are looking really good. You will love the way the longer links work so much more over those old coby style arms. I built my brackets for a 4 link but I am very pleased with the way the 3-link is working for me so no need yet. Plus you will love stations hydro set-up, it handles good on the road and great on the trails! Just make sure you bracket is secured very well. I have already ripped mine off once!;D ;D
I'm assuming you were shooting for a 100" WB? You front looks like it is moved quite a bit further forward than mine though. I only ended up with 2" in the front and 4" in the back.

Congrats on all the hard work and engineering. Can't wait to hear the feedback of how it preforms.
Jake

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

thanks Jake. I haven't measured but I'm 100 or 101". I moved the front forward about 6" and the rear 5". These numbers are from the lifted lengths, which is why I'm only where I am.

I'm hoping Station's setup works as well as everybody says it will. I'm only running 3 degrees of castor, so I'm hoping that's enough for it to self-center.

The pinion angle is adjustable with the links, piece of cake. Loosen the jam nuts and adjust away. As far as the difficulty, the toughest thing is coming up with the lesser of 12 evils when it comes to compramises. Triangulation vs. ground clearance, vs. X vs Y. We'll see how it handles on the road. So far so good!!!!

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
I'm not really sure what it takes to have the steering feel like it is centered. I know mine was off on my first drive and it felt like a normal vehicle that was out of alignment.

It's ALL about compromise

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

I'm worried that the amount of castor that I have won't give enough feedback to tell the orbital to return to center. i guess I'll see!!!

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Do you have any progress pics of the narrowing that you could email to me? I have mine tore apart right now, and am getting ready to narrow it. Are you going to keep the inner fenders? If so, how? What advice can you give me? My email addy is 69eb@bresnan.net.

Thanks,

Steve

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

No pics other than what I showed. No inner fenders, that would make the project a lot tougher. I'm only narrowing the front, not the whole body (had to do it so the tires didn't rub the headlights).

Jack