• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Upper & Lower radiator hoses for explorer swap

Postalpal

Contributor
Loc.
Thornton
While I did see a vary of posts on this I guess it really depends what you have for a set up
Can someone save me some time on what upper & lowers hoses I would need

This is Toms radiator with a built in cooler
Thank you for the help

Attachments

• IMG_7180.jpeg
    IMG_7180.jpeg
    445.4 KB · Views: 23

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i used the silicone ones with connecters, they sell straight, curved, different colors, basically cut my own. To many hose clamps but dont care.

OP
OP
Postalpal

Postalpal

Contributor
Loc.
Thornton
Any pictures?
So your radiator cap is on the pass side along with your lower outlet
& the top outlet is in the drivers side ? And those hose worked ?

Attachments

• IMG_7180.jpeg
    IMG_7180.jpeg
    445.4 KB · Views: 7

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Those hoses linked above won't work with your setup. They'll work with a WH/Ron Davis 5.0 radiator with the switched inlets/outlets. For the top, the top hose that generally works best is the 68 Pontiac GTO hose (fits a bunch of other applications as well). For the bottom, some folks get the early '00s 7.3 Super Duty hose to work. Others use the crossover tubes that various vendors sell.

Todd Z.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
I haven't seen that shroud before, is that for a stock Bronco radiator?
No , that is electric fan 2spd from a o4 jeep liberty, but it is on a stock original radiator with custom mounts and some trimming ,, three bolts across the top and one connector, could be removed sis minute or so..Oh o and to the OP my lower hose is the pipe WH sells and bronco lower hose cut to fit in place.