• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Urgent action required!

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Signed but right now it is for medium and heavy duty engines. They are targeting the diesel truck market. But that just makes it one step closer to all vehicles. This will cripple the economy

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
This petition started yesterday and is already at 66K signatures. I think we will blow well past the 100K needed which is a great thing!

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Signed but right now it is for medium and heavy duty engines. They are targeting the diesel truck market. But that just makes it one step closer to all vehicles. This will cripple the economy

You couldn't be farther from the truth. They are sneaking in a provision that effects all emissions vehicles, I have copied and pasted directly from an article about it on Autoblog and even went to the EPA website and verified it for myself. The second paragraph containing the proposed law is word for word from the EPA found on page 462 of this bill.

"Tucked away in an EPA proposal titled Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles—Phase 2 is a section that indicates this sort of vehicle modification is a violation of the clean air act. Here's the exact wording, found on page 862 of an official EPA document:

EPA is proposing in 40 CFR 1037.601(a)(3) to clarify that the Clean Air Act does not allow any person to disable, remove, or render inoperative (i.e., tamper with) emission controls on a certified motor vehicle for purposes of competition.

SEMA met with the EPA to confirm the agency's intentions, and issued a statement saying, "The EPA indicated that the regulation would prohibit conversion of vehicles into racecars and make the sale of certain emissions-related parts for use on converted vehicles illegal." The association added, "SEMA will continue to oppose the regulation through the administrative process and will seek congressional support and judicial intervention as necessary."