• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vacuum wiper hose routing diagram?

kaisermusic

Loc.
Chehalis WA
I'm looking for a diagram or pic of how the wipers both get vacuum line in the windshield. Somehow one has to jump from the other correct?

OP
OP
K

kaisermusic

Loc.
Chehalis WA
great thanks! Is your wiper system running off your fuel pump? I dont have a vac fuel pump anymore so thinking about running off the intake manifold...

Scott C.

Loc.
Waynetown IN
The vacume line runs from the carbureator down to the fuel pump then out of the fuel pump to the wiper motors. If you hook them up to the intake manifold, they will not work under acceleration. That is why the fuel pump needs to have the vacume pump.

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
great thanks! Is your wiper system running off your fuel pump? I dont have a vac fuel pump anymore so thinking about running off the intake manifold...

Yes fuel pump as Scott stated. V6 vacuum pumps are sold by the vendors. I got my v8 vac pump from eBay

OP
OP
K

kaisermusic

Loc.
Chehalis WA
Right now my carb vac line is hooked to my distributor like my manual indicates is there a good pic of the routing that you are talking about?

Scott C.

Loc.
Waynetown IN
Sorry, I told you wrong. The carbureator line does go to the distibutor. The line for the wipers comes out of the intake just below and forward of the carbureator. Using intake vacume, you only have vacume at steady RPMs, when accelerating the manidold vacume drops off, the pump compenstates for the drop and keeps the wipers going. The line from the carbuueator to the distibutor is above the throttle plate making it ported vacume. With ported vacume you only have vacume under accelleration. That is used to advance the ignition timimg to prevent stumble or stall when you first accelerate, then the cetrifical advance takes over advancing the spark at higher RPMs.