• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Value Question

addictat13

Loc.
Port Angeles WA.
My dad and i ran into a guy wanting to get rid of his 72' Bronco sport so naturally we went to look at it and my dad is crazy about it. However im not so sure it is worth the $3,000 hes asking. It has a duff (four and a half inch lift?), 35's, dual exhaust with headers,duff power steering conversion kit, dana 44 front axle, and a 302 out of an older mustang. (dont know what year) we want it for the purpose to wheel it and the body isnt in really good conditon however its not extremely bad. $3,000 is a lot for us and i dont know wether this bronco is worth it or not. What do you guys think? bad? good? Thanks Kaleb

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Sounds about right depending on how rough the body is. Might want to look at what other broncos sell for in your area to get a idea. While you usually cant get your money out of aftermarket parts I'd say it has about $3K worth of mods. I'd take a test drive in it before anthing else. But $3K seems to be a good price for what it has on it especailly if the body is not that bad.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The current economy is affecting prices somewhat, but I have pretty regularly seen cut and lifted EBs with no power steering, Dana 30 front ends, and four wheel manual drum brakes sell for $3,000 - $4,500 depending on body condition. What are the issues with the body of this particular Bronco?

goneballistic

Loc.
Washington, MO
I went through the samething with the Bronco I bought. I kept trying to convince myself it was worth what he wanted for it. Just figure out what some of things are worth new. And go from there. The more I think about how much I bought mine for, the more of a steal I got. Make sure everything works good on it. Lights, heater, gauges etc. Like SD said offer him $2500.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
If $3,000 is your max budget, make sure the truck is going to be reliable for you. If you take it wheeling an break something expensive, the cost to repair will need to be taken into consideration.

But $3,000 sounds good if its as nice as you say.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
If your going to wheel it, then I wouldn't worry about the body but make double sure the drivetrain and mods work well and were installed properly.

Ben

TN1776

Bronco Guru
$3K sounds about right. Pictures of the body would help, as would a thorough inspection of the mods performed to the rig. As others have said, a test drive will tell you a lot.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
$3000 sounds like a decent deal. i paid 4k for mine with no lift on 31's, no PS, and a 3 sped with a rusted hard top with 50 lbs of bondo on it. power steering didn't come out till '73, so someone has already done the conversion for you.

DocLewis

Loc.
Hornsby, TN
$3,000.00 sounds pretty good to me, but prices are somewhat dependant upon location, even for trucks. If you are planning to take it offroad, then the body condition should not be that big an issue -- first scratch that you put on it will seem trivial. Make sure that the mechanicals are working properly and offer cash in hand of somewhat lower than the asking price. Doc

handsomerob

Loc.
las cruces
3000 sounds like a killer price. like others have said before I have seen a lot less sell for a lot more. Buy it I say

OP
OP
A

addictat13

Loc.
Port Angeles WA.
Sweet this sounds about what i was thinking the body damage is typical floor board rust, a major hole on the inner front fender, and some rear quarter panel rust. Im thinking more and more it is worth it and id love to add a second bronco to the collection! (Especially a stump jumper) Also the power steering kit is a Duff conversion kit. Thanks, Kaleb

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
EBs hold their value... $3K is probably a good price. You'll know once you drive it and look closely at the rust problems. $2500 cash in hand is good advice. Mine was selling for $3800 and I got it or 33. ;)