• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Valve cover questions

Bronco351

Hey guys,

I've got the brinco script valve covers... The ones that say "bronco powered by ford"

I've got oil leaking out of the bottom of the metal breather tube/ oil fill tube on the drivers side... It's leaking where the tube meets the valve cover....

Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the tube and just put my breather directly into the valve cover?

If it can be removed can someone tell me how?

Thanks!

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I would call a vender who carries these valve covers and see if they have a replacement grommet that the filler tube goes into. Also make sure you still have PVC and breather elbow locations. Clean air has to be allowed into the engine to replace air removed by the PVC.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I haven't seen that cover in particular, but if the tube can't seal the fit in the valve cover, you might try cleaning it up real good and gluing the connection with an epoxy like JB Weld.