• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vehicle Transport- San Antonio to Nebraska

chetti13

Does anyone know of a reputable company to ship an EB from San Antonio to Nebraska? I am getting quotes all over the place from brokers and I don't trust a lot of them. I am looking for enclosed. I have tried USHIP as well, and keep getting the same company quoting me ridiculous prices.

Any other ideas?

Thanks guys!

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What pricing? That sounds like about a $4-600 trip, maybe a little more. Gas has been pretty stable, although you are hitting the family move season.

Try craigslist in your area for auto transport or auto shipping.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Good luck,after 3 weeks of the runaround i jumped on a plane and picked up my new truck and drove it home. Mine was a 1000 mile trip ,quotes started at 495 and worked up to 675 and still no takers.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
The last military move I made, the mover, Austin Van Lines I think, said he moves vehicles across the country when he has room. Most people automatically think of an auto transporter (I know I did), but I noticed a vehicle on the front half of his truck and asked. Might be worth asking the question.

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Try Curves Ahead Transport out of Kansas. They are enclosed, owner/operator (no broker). They brought my Bronco down from Kansas to Houston in February and I was very happy with their service. For enclosed and that distance I would guess $1,300 to get it from San Antonio to Nebraska.

badkarma

I just used sun coast out of florida they were recommended by some co workers and it was 700 dollars total from Chicago to Jax fl. Took 3 days for a driver to pick up the bronco. Not bad at all

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
A guy I work with goes to Nebraska a couple times a year to see family. He might be willing to trailer it for gas money, but it wouldnt be enclosed. And it might be awhile before he goes again..

first+last

Dirt Racing Motorsports 573-346-2583. 1st rate. Hauled mine from Phoenix to Port Huron Michigan. Don't know if they do enclosed.

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
I hate dealing w/ transport brokers, I always feel dirty after it's done.

Incidentially, I get the same feeling w/ windshield replacement companies. :(