• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vendor or Custom Roll Cage??

vtboy51

I need to install a roll cage this winter, and have been looking at what all the vendors have to offer. I'm leaning towards the Tom's 4 pt family cage for $289, plus $150 shipping, plus paying to have it welded ($$ ??). I've also looked at the Overhaulin cage from JBG for $489, but the shipping is gonna run me another $400.

Would it be cheaper to find someone local to build one? I'd appreciate any thoughts.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I find locally done cages are often more money, a good kit and then someone you know to weld it (fitting is the real work) is likely the best option. If you want one fully done Ballie Built is who I would go with. For weld it up, there are several Bronco Bob is a good solid choice and then there a lot of others.

75Bronc

X2 on the Bronco Bob Cage. I have his kit, easy to weld up, looks great.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Get a fully welded cage from Bronco grave yard. Pull the top off your Bronco and take a vacation and drive the 600 miles to get there. Put the cage in the back and strap it down and drive home. That way you will get a vacation on your delivery money. Why pay a trucker your vacation money? Allot of nice country to visit between you and them to visit. Can work with any other vendor too.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Check prices, ability (to build you one) and just do the weld job of a kit of a couple of local welding/fab shops. Never hurts to ask about any possibility that you can help/lend a hand? Big shop probably not due to insurance reasons, smaller shop maybe so?

That way you get the experience, get to keep an eye on the fitment and get in on working on your Bronco. A pre built kit welded on a jig and then put in you Bronco might show you some issues that you did not know you had.

Any in state CB member's that have a welder and time to lend a hand?

Last edited:

1buckeyefan1

Get a fully welded cage from Bronco grave yard. Pull the top off your Bronco and take a vacation and drive the 600 miles to get there. Put the cage in the back and strap it down and drive home. That way you will get a vacation on your delivery money. Why pay a trucker your vacation money? Allot of nice country to visit between you and them to visit. Can work with any other vendor too.
Does JBG carry fully welded cages? I thought they drop shipped the overhaulin kits from AZ? At least that's what they told me when I asked. I'm debating making a trip to TN for mine from krawlers edge

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
OP
vtboy51

vtboy51

Does JBG carry fully welded cages? I thought they drop shipped the overhaulin kits from AZ? At least that's what they told me when I asked. I'm debating making a trip to TN for mine from krawlers edge

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You're correct, they come out of Arizona.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Check out bailie bilt cages too.. Maine guys come to OCBR in Sept, maybe they could pick up a cage for ya or work out other arrangements

sdough

Virga customs on Facebook out of San Francisco makes and builds to your spec. This guy makes some REALLY sweet cages.