• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vent Window Problem

Bluntman

Loc.
Memphis TN
My right vent window wont stay where i put it (at an angle etc..). Is it hardware that isn't tight enough or is it rotten weatherstripping that isn't keeping it in place where i open it?

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
[quote author=Bluntman link=board=5;threadid=18030;start=0#msg137853 date=1054346371]
My right vent window wont stay where i put it (at an angle etc..). Is it hardware that isn't tight enough or is it rotten weatherstripping that isn't keeping it in place where i open it?
[/quote]I believe there is a spring under the lower pivot that keeps it tight. Other wise you just need more duct tape ;D RB

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
Its the spring. Its like they were designed to rust out. they are available in a couple of the parts houses. Was over in the desert in 90 degrees last summer, I finally took a couple of bungys and hooked them in the hood vents and around the wings to hold them at the full open ;D

Hang in there, We're all in this together.

dpm

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
After snapping off both the lower hinges on my vent windows, I just don't open them anymore.
For more airflow just remove the door.

dxeflyr

Loc.
Ocala FL
I broke off the handle to my pass side vent window. Will the repair kit listed by the parts houses fix this or do I need to buy a whole new window? Thanks to all for helping out a rookie.