• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vent window rebuild

dmsbronco

Loc.
West Hills
I am rebuilding my 72, one screw at a time and now its time for the vent windows. Of course, I have ordered all the seals and weatherstripping available through any of the standard Bronco parts catalogs, but this is where i'm running into trouble.

There is a seal or channelling that fits on the glass itself and protects the glass from moving inside the frame. It was produced at one time or another but no one seems to understand what I'm talking about.

I can't be the only one that has ever rebuilt a vent window, but this seal or channelling has to be available....

any ideas?

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
There's a cork type material that can be sourced, but the best stuff is rubber and is available at a glass store it comes in a big roll for sealing glass into metal frames. It's kind of tricky to get in so be patient.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
I think I got the window seal tape from Tom's Bronco. The tape is aggravating to work with. Lately I've used 3M Super Fast Urethane instead of the tape. after I slide the vent window into the frame I secure it with masking tape until it sets up.

custom-cruiser

Loc.
Boise,ID
It looks like this is for the roll up windows but could be the same stuff.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-14356-door-glass-setting-channel-tape-each.html
DRGLSSTNGCHNLTPE.JPG

justinkwitt

i took mine to an auto glass shop and they used that rubber tape type stuff. It had adhesive on it. Cost me $15. Worth it, cuz i didn't have to deal with the hassle of getting it seated in there properly or breaking it.