• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Veterans Day Pic

andyp

Contributor
Thank you all those who served and are serving now.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Great pic. My grandpa just passed away this friday afternoon at 83. He was a tank driver in Korea during the winter of 1951. At -20 to -40 temps, they seldom left the heat of the tank.................he said you learn pretty quickly how to loose your sense of smell, guys cooped up in a tank for days on end!

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Here is a salute to our veterans. Thought they would appreciate this type of support.

Attachments

• Flag-Bikini-Venus-214x300.jpg
    Flag-Bikini-Venus-214x300.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 29

Rickb1b

Two great pictures, but for some reason it brings up one of my pet peeves. After 21 years in the military the thing that drives me nuts is people who don't know how to salute. Anyone who has actually been in the military will know how to salute and the reason for it, along with the reason for doing it correctly. Trust me, they spend a little time teaching this and making sure people get it right.

It ain't that hard, I just wish all these idiots (mostly Hollywood), would take a few seconds and learn to get it right. For those wondering here is just one of the things to consider. You never, ever, show the palm of your hand while saluting. Showing the palm is a sign of surrender, or in the early days of the Navy when a working enlisted man salutes an officer, it is considered disrespectful to show a dirty palm. There's more but I won't bore you.

Sorry for the rant, I feel better now.

Last edited:

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Two great pictures, but for some reason it brings up one of my pet peeves. After 21 years in the military the thing that drives me nuts is people who don't know how to salute. Anyone who has actually been in the military will know how to salute and the reason for it, along with the reason for doing it correctly. Trust me, they spend a little time teaching this and making sure people get it right.

It ain't that hard, I just wish all these idiots (mostly Hollywood), would take a few seconds and learn to get it right. For those wondering here is just one of the things to consider. You never, ever, show the palm of your hand while saluting. Showing the palm is a sign of surrender. There's more but I won't bore you.

Sorry for the rant, I feel better now.

we used to say showing your d!ck:-X