• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Veterans Day

67RT

Bronco Guru
Thanks to every one on this site I spent my time in Nam 1969 to 1970 had my 19th birthday there. I counted the days that I was able to come home and was glad to be able to come home the true heroes is the ones that we lost I give thanks everyday to the men and women that are in the service to day they give there time and sometimes there life so that we can live in a free country.

Glad you made it!! I am sure you were counting the days.
My dad was just ahead of that, it seems. He enrolled into college right when draft was going strong but not taking collegiates. Same when he got married... He used to open his college yearbook and point out his fraternity brothers that didn't come home. What a cost..

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I too would like to Thank all the Men , Women and Families that have served or are serving! THANK YOU!

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. I went into work this evening & my Boss was still there.. I used to buy his dinner for about 20 years or so. But as He hit the Big Time & I went south.

.. Now I went in this evening & Shock his hand & Said I used to buy your dinner each 11/11 .. But I'll just shake your hand & say... Thanks today .. Since we both have 2nd wives & very different lives today...
My Boss is Still my Vietnam Hero.. He spent 3 months over in Cambodia where we never went. He even execrated Red Chinese uniforms from soldiers ..to send back to communications.
... . & I GUESS I should add a Salute to My2nd Cousin Col.Willey Tate .. 1963 UNTIL About 1971+ his was over all of Logistic for VIETNAM .
... Wow what a Carree he had .

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I want to thank those wives, husbands, sons, daughters and G'parents who help keep families together when their loved ones are serving or have served overseas. Not to take anything away from a Vet, but his or her strengths come from a strong home. To that, I want to thank my beautiful bride for staying strong during the births of both our children while I was away overseas! I'd like to thank those who are currently serving across the pond and especially to those who put themselves in harms way.
TSgt Crawdad

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
Good vet day yesterday for me. Myself, I am a career Army NCO and Afghan vet (6 years to go!)

And we picked up my stepson who graduated from AIT last Friday at Fort Rucker. He's home on leave for Veterans Day on his way to Korea. He had the highest APFT score in his BCT battalion and was the DHG (distinguished honor grad) from his AIT class.

And yes I'm bragging ;)

Now we just have to make sure he leaves Korea at least with the same rank he goes there with LOL :)

OP
OP
bigdaddyof4

bigdaddyof4

Loc.
Vincennes, IN
Good vet day yesterday for me. Myself, I am a career Army NCO and Afghan vet (6 years to go!)

And we picked up my stepson who graduated from AIT last Friday at Fort Rucker. He's home on leave for Veterans Day on his way to Korea. He had the highest APFT score in his BCT battalion and was the DHG (distinguished honor grad) from his AIT class.

And yes I'm bragging ;)

Now we just have to make sure he leaves Korea at least with the same rank he goes there with LOL :)

Korea has a way of doing that to a soldier. My daughter loved it there and took her hubby and kids with her. I've got 4 years left and she has 12

gmurrell

I was invited to my son's school today as an honored guest for the veterans day assembly. I must admit it is a bit overwhelming. I'm like a show and tell project for my son! I'd like to thank all my fellow brothers and sisters in arms for their service.

i had a similar experience at my sons/daughters elementary school. it was very nice to be appreciated and honored.