• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Veterans Day

buck68

I was invited to my son's school today as an honored guest for the veterans day assembly. I must admit it is a bit overwhelming. I'm like a show and tell project for my son! I'd like to thank all my fellow brothers and sisters in arms for their service.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I'd also like to thank all of the service men and women on here for their service. Happy Veterans Day from your Bronco brother in Tally.

AaronWelch

Loc.
Atascocita, TX.
I want would like to add a Great big THANK YOU to all who have served and who are currently! I do want to add a special thanks to my father, brother, wife, and son who all served our great country. We serve so that others can choose not to.

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Happy Veterans Day! It's been incredible to see the swing from being invisible to the appreciation veterans are seeing today. Still don't understand why my daughter has it off school and our work could care less! %) ;D

OOH RAH!

mcl_egar.gif

Semper Fidelis!

drock

As someone who has spent a total of about 2 years (multiple deployments) flying over the friendly skies of Afghanistan it is nice to be home and have the day off. For everyone serving (families included) stay safe.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Happy Veterans Day! It's been incredible to see the swing from being invisible to the appreciation veterans are seeing today. Still don't understand why my daughter has it off school and our work could care less! %) ;D

OOH RAH!

mcl_egar.gif

Semper Fidelis!

Good point, maybe someday we can make Veteran's Day as big a deal as MLK Day!!

Thank you to all the Veterans who served our Great Country!

67RT

Bronco Guru
Good point, maybe someday we can make Veteran's Day as big a deal as MLK Day!!

Thank you to all the Veterans who served our Great Country!

I agree, thanks to all of the Vets!

Not sure I get this comment or why you picked MLK, a hero in my book.
I am living near DC, and both Veteran's day and MLK day are widely/equally celebrated. I am not sure there have ever been 5000 porta-pottys on the Washington Mall for MLK day. I was down there Sunday and there were four rows of pottys extending from the Capitol bldg to the Washington Monument. There will be close to 1 million people down there for the Vet. day concert today and several top acts.. I have never seen such a cool stage and so many video screens along the mall..
Unfortunately it is on HBO... Bummer.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I agree, thanks to all of the Vets!

Not sure I get this comment or why you picked MLK, a hero in my book.
I am living near DC, and both Veteran's day and MLK day are widely/equally celebrated. I am not sure there have ever been 5000 porta-pottys on the Washington Mall for MLK day. I was down there Sunday and there were four rows of pottys extending from the Capitol bldg to the Washington Monument. There will be close to 1 million people down there for the Vet. day concert today and several top acts.. I have never seen such a cool stage and so many video screens along the mall..
Unfortunately it is on HBO... Bummer.

Not saying we shouldn't celebrate MLK day or diminish that holiday at all. I'm saying he was one man who did great things and we stop to remember and celebrate it, why the hell would we not do the same for the hundreds of thousands of Proud Veterans who served our Country including those who also gave their lives for something they believed in?

Am I wrong?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thank you fellow Veterans!!! Hope you enjoy your day!!

God bless us one and All!!

67RT

Bronco Guru
Not saying we shouldn't celebrate MLK day or diminish that holiday at all. I'm saying he was one man who did great things and we stop to remember and celebrate it, why the hell would we not do the same for the hundreds of thousands of Proud Veterans who served our Country including those who also gave their lives for something they believed in?

Am I wrong?

I always repsect a man's opinion, but I think it is better to focus on the issues Vets face on a daily basis, like why the VA has been so screwed up for 20 years and why are all of these kids coming home and committing suicide at a rate multiple times the national average. No mental health safety net, etc.. Today is just for show downtown, they need to step up and fix the mess because with the void of power left in Iraq when we took out Saddam, we will be there in some manner for years to come.

By the way, one man paved the way for freedom for millions.. I was just at the Newseum looking at the coverage of the civil rights movement. Sickening that humans acted that way to one another.

Anyway, thanks for your service. My cousin leads a P8 squadron and many other family members have and/or are serving. I am looking at my grandpops boots right now from WWII> They fit me like a glove. He led a country club life as an architect in Ohio, but volunteered to go in and did demo in Germany... Thanks pops..

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I always repsect a man's opinion, but I think it is better to focus on the issues Vets face on a daily basis, like why the VA has been so screwed up for 20 years and why are all of these kids coming home and committing suicide at a rate multiple times the national average. No mental health safety net, etc.. Today is just for show downtown, they need to step up and fix the mess because with the void of power left in Iraq when we took out Saddam, we will be there in some manner for years to come.

By the way, one man paved the way for freedom for millions.. I was just at the Newseum looking at the coverage of the civil rights movement. Sickening that humans acted that way to one another.

I agree totally with everything you've said and yes, it is horrible the way we've treated one another throughout history. It makes me sick that the Vietnam Vets came home and got treated the way they did or that todays vets are struggling to get by when they get home. The status of mental health treatment, healthcare, disability, post-service support and wages paid to todays Veterans is something that we should all be ashamed of. These guys should be getting the world-class benefits that those fat asses in congress get for free!

BTW, going to the Akron Beacon Journal's Veterans Job Fair tomorrow to see if we can get some Veterans to come work for our company.

Rick Harrison

Loc.
Shreveport
Thanks to every one on this site I spent my time in Nam 1969 to 1970 had my 19th birthday there. I counted the days that I was able to come home and was glad to be able to come home the true heroes is the ones that we lost I give thanks everyday to the men and women that are in the service to day they give there time and sometimes there life so that we can live in a free country.

broncoandy

Loc.
Kingsport
Thanks for letting us VETS know we are appreciated. My family has had a member in just about every War the past two centuries. Thanks again and to all other VETS thank you for your service as well.

67RT

Bronco Guru
I agree totally with everything you've said and yes, it is horrible the way we've treated one another throughout history. It makes me sick that the Vietnam Vets came home and got treated the way they did or that todays vets are struggling to get by when they get home. The status of mental health treatment, healthcare, disability, post-service support and wages paid to todays Veterans is something that we should all be ashamed of. These guys should be getting the world-class benefits that those fat asses in congress get for free!

BTW, going to the Akron Beacon Journal's Veterans Job Fair tomorrow to see if we can get some Veterans to come work for our company.

Your team is doing a great thing! Good job.

I spent the first 5 years of my life in Youngstown. I am sure they are hurting up there and in other areas of Midwest. We are relatively sheltered from economic issues here in DC Metro, but see the impact. My mom lives three blocks from the new Walter Reed rehab center. I have seen more prosthetics in the last few years than my entire life before that. I actually played golf with a few guys from Walter Reed. One shot an 82 and I didn't realize he was missing his leg from the knee down until the turn when we got a beer... The VA and some private donations did him right.