• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

viair compressor install questions

griff

Loc.
solvang, ca
I'm going to install a viair 400h compressor in my bronco in the next couple of days. It says to avoid heat sources, but the only good place I can find is in the engine compartment. The 400h is dust and water resistant, but not water proof, so, I don't want to put it underneath the bronco (but there is a couple good spots). I want to be able to drive through th water without worrying about my submerged compressor.

Does anybody have any better ideas?

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
I would say that you should be fine if you mount it to one of the fenders away from the engine. I couldn't imagine that there would be a problem with it getting too hot there. Besides, when you will be using it, most likely the hood will be up to allow you to plug in the airhose to inflate your tires. That should dissipate the heat enough.

OP
OP
griff

griff

Loc.
solvang, ca
yeah, when I'm running it hard I will have the hood up, but it will also be set up to run the airlockers. The air lockers shouldn't use much air though.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
IS there room under the passenger seat? I have seen some rather large compressors mounted there before.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
How big is that compressor?
I have seen people mount duel batteries under the passenger seat. It required cutting the floor and lowering is some, but it was done.

OP
OP
griff

griff

Loc.
solvang, ca
it would fit if i cut the floor. I hadn't thought of that. Do you think it would be worth it?