• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vin code/paint code?? anyone good at this?

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
so i got my 2nd bronco. the vin is. u15gll44008 ID plate on the glove box door is.
W.B. COLOR , MODEL, BODY, TRANS, AXLE, P.S.O.
092, 6, U152 , 9U, C , A51, 73,

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133115&highlight=paint+code according to this, my 71 used to be a Bahama blue?

now i couldn't see and blue on the truck? the back of the glove box looks like a code C or M
http://www.bronco.com/cms/files/1971-fordtruck-pg01.jpg

any input? would like to know the hole speck list on this bronco back when it was new...

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
U15 Wagon
April of '71
Engine- G- 302
Tranny- C- 3- speed Manuel
Michigan Truck Plant
92" Wheel Base
Color -6 Bahama Blue
U152 Heavy Duty Package/ Springs 4700Lb
9U- Parchment interior
A5 - 3300Lb rear axle w/4.11 with limited slip gears
D.S.O is 73 - Salt Lake City

Thats what I come up with. Not sure what the #1 is after the Axle code of A5. Are you sure its not a "J" which would be limited slip front axle in '71?

Blue71

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
WOW ......

HEY MAN .... YOUR NEW 2ND EB IS IDENTICAL TO MINE !!
EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOR DSO , MINE IS 24 JACKSONVILLE FL !!!
OH AND VIN ... MINE IS U15 GLL 43988 !!!
THATS IS Soooooo COOL !!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
lol very nice!!
im very shocked on the axles.. thanks so much blue71 !!!!

find any pic's of the intiorior and color of what it looked like back in the day??

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Your Eb Was 20 Vehicles Behind Mine On The Assembly Line And Both Made Identical !!!
Find That With 2 Late Model Cars And That Would Be Cool ... But With 2 Broncos Made In 71 .. That Just Awesome !!!

Whats Your Planes With Yours and where did you find the dash ( it wasnt in any of the pics ) ???

Pic Of My Vin And The Way It Came Of The Assembly Line !!!

Attachments

• P1010396.JPG
    P1010396.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 101
  • P4100001.jpg
    P4100001.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 86

runguyrun

My bronco is missing the glove box tag.
The VIN sticker in the door jam has the Body | Color |Trim | Trans. | Axle |
as all blank.
Is there any other place to find this information?

runguyrun

I finally got my Marti report today.
My Bronco is Red and not a Sport (no window chrome, no Sport emblem on fender).
The Marti report says it is Raven Black and is a Sport model. It also says it was first sold in New Jersey but the seller said he thought it came from Arizona (maybe not the most reliable source).
What are the chances this Marti report is wrong? I don't see any evidence of black paint on this thing.
I need to try to find the VIN on the frame and see if that matches.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Find the VIN on the frame as you stated and go from there. Viperwolf did find an error on the seat code on my Marti. As far as the chrome, emblems and the colors that could have changed many times over the years. Mine was originally Mallard green, although it's white now, I can see some places where at one time it was red. Was replacing a headlight switch and was looking as far up under the dash as possible with a light, sure enough, there is still some Mallard green up there.