• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

VIN # on the body?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thought I posted this , but couldn't find it so I'll post again.

Is there any other place on a '77 body besides the glove box door, that has the VIN#? I'm gonna swap a bad '77 body(good frame and chassis) for good '77 body to go on a different frame and keep the VIN # the same as the frame. Gonna use the bad body, glove box door/VIN on the new good frame so it will still match. Let me know.

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tom,

oh yeah, I forgot about the drivers side door post. Do you know if I need to use the title that concurs with the body or the one with the frame. Guess I could switch glove box door and pull the sticker off the door post of the good body, and use the frame and glove box door of the good frame and chassis. Any thoughts. What do most people do that swap bodies and frames? Use the frame or body VIN? Thanks Again,

Andy

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
Andy, Most of the time the Vin number on the glovebox door is enough for the State as long as you have a clear title. I have had a few try to check the vins on the Frame before, But in most cases they can not make it out, and let you slide with the glove box vin. I have never really had them look at the sticker on the door post, But You would want to make sure it Matches or it gone if it don't. ;D

Tom

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
They only check the frame numbers (usually) is when you're licensing it in a new state or if it hasn't been registered for a few years.

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. The '77 body I am going to put on has been sitting for a few years, but I think it is still in pretty good shape. I have been trying to get this complete '77 Sport for 4 years now and finally think that he is gonna let me get it from him. Wish he would have saidd he would sell 4 years ago when I first asked him about it. Been sitting by a creek in high grass so I hope it is all still workable. Body was still 7 out of 10 a year ago. Going to look at it this weekend and hopefully get it. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks Again,

Blue71

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I found this today. It is not a VIN but a part number. Never noticed one before. Right front frame rail looking down

Attachments

• part number.jpg
    part number.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 143
OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
2Bad,

Never noticed a # on mine before. I'll have to go back and look again. Is that on your '75?

Thanks Much,

Blue71

blksn8k

Blue71 said:
Tom,

oh yeah, I forgot about the drivers side door post. Do you know if I need to use the title that concurs with the body or the one with the frame. Guess I could switch glove box door and pull the sticker off the door post of the good body, and use the frame and glove box door of the good frame and chassis. Any thoughts. What do most people do that swap bodies and frames? Use the frame or body VIN? Thanks Again,

Andy

I hope you don't plan on re-using the door post sticker. They don't come off very well. ;)

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
pic

# on frame front bumper horn, Must be a vender code or
some other type of code. this is on the pass. side of the '74

Attachments

• frame horn.jpg
    frame horn.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 81

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
the door sticker will self distruct if you try to remove it.
there are some other numbers stamped on them, but have nothing to do with the vin number. i've found numbers on top of window frames recently. as mentioned, i think they might be vendor or lot numbers.

Case

2bad both my 72 and 77 have numbers stamped in the same spot as yours does.