• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage air Front runner Serp, anyone use it?

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone using the BC bronco Vintage air front runner serpentine setup? Issues with radiator, electrical output AC output or PS?

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I used on a Chevy and it was really well made including all the fasteners. Really nice quality if not for the cheaper factory serp set up I would use it again. The Explorer serp is so nice, so easy and so cheap I would use it every time.

OP
OP
73azbronco

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks, BCB sent me some photos of their serp mod allowing sanden, sag pumps used on the driver side of the explorer serp. Looks good, but it does make one side of the motor look "different". Cast bracket on right, steel brackets on left. Now, I'm not a prima donna for looks, but since I am totally rebuilding the beast I was thinking a one version serp would be better. price is an issue, the front runner is very pricey, about three times that of the explorer serp. And the explorer stuff is already on:(

mtp71174

I used their serpentine setup and had to add a brace to the back of power steering pump to stop the flexing of the bracket when you raced the engine.

AzDesert73

Loc.
Yuma
I have it, along with the Explorer setup, and I have a reoccurring belt squeal that I cannot fix.. other than that, it works great

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk