• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage banner advertising new '66 truck and Bronco?

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
I know I've seen a photo of this official Ford dealer banner somewhere. It was blue, 8' or so, said something like "New for 1966" and maybe had a cowboy hat logo or something. Anyone have a photo?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
That banner was at Super Celebration this year, or at least I think that's the one you're referring too. Eaglesnest66 owns it I believe.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Here is a small picture of it
770aad40126d63ec4cb708eafd11107f.jpg

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is correct as I do have the banner. It was sent to me by a fellow avid roadster owner I became friends with years ago, Dave Metz. Dave found the canvas and rope banner at a car show/swap meet back in the early '90s. He knew it was special!

The story goes like this. Back in late 2013 or so, after owning his August '65 roadster for 27+ years, he decided it was time to let another friend in Florida buy/own it. Yes I was bummed that he was stepping away from roadsters! I figured he just got "bored". That just did not seem right.

After the sale and letting any remaining bronco parts go, Dave decided to take another step. Not telling me his terminal lung cancer returned, he surprised me with shipping the banner in August 2014. At that time I still did not know he was sick. It was months later I found out. He knew I always appreciated it and decided to find a new home! That's what is so cool about this hobby and friends across the way.

It is a one of a kind and always wondered if I would see another?! Can't believe it has survived 50+ years!

Since then, I decided it was time to buy that "safe" I always talked about. That banner pushed me to do so. So, it is well protected and remembered!

Happy New Year! tim

Attachments

• IMG_1720.jpg
    IMG_1720.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 141

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for sharing that story, Tim!

Todd Z.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys! I feel very fortunate to have known Dave. He truly was a great friend!

OP
OP
DonaldDouchebag

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
Yes! Thank you for posting that great backstory!

I love the design of this banner. I think I may make one for my own garage.