• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage Nylint Steel Broncos

Raptors_Wifey

Loc.
Lawton, OK
Anyone know anywhere that's a good source for these things other than Ebay? I've been searching on Ebay for awhile and I keep coming up with the same kinds, the Safari one, Pet Mobile, and Horse Truck Trailer. I'm not looking for mint condition, I actually prefer ones that have a little mileage on them but still intact. I have the Fire Chief but it's missing the siren on the hood.

Nylint001.jpg

Nylint002.jpg

And I've got a teal colored one that I don't know where it came from but I believe it's either the Horse Truck without the trailer or maybe the Vacationeer.

And I would like to know if any of you have collected Nylint Broncos and what they look like.

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
I have a couple of them that I have picked up at a car swapmeet and an antique toy show. I have a pink one(as I gather, there are two different pink ones) and an orange one that I had to have cuz my Bronco is orange. Niether are in what you could consider prestine condition but suit me just fine. I have a third that was a beat up police Bronco that I put on a Nylint rc rockcrawler chassis. I see them pretty often at the swapmeets but usually more than I wanna pay.

OP
OP
Raptors_Wifey

Raptors_Wifey

Loc.
Lawton, OK
Yeah, the pristine out of the box ones cost an arm and a leg. The ones that I look for are the ones that have been obviously loved by some child and they usually go anywhere from $20-$40 depending on if the owner knows its worth. I haven't met someone that had one for sale that doesn't know what they have. I live out in California so the only swap meets here are run by Mexicans and when I do go back to Michigan, I try to go to the swap meets there and see if there are any good deals. Sometimes on ebay you see some that are a good deal but you don't always get what you see.

I haven't seen much of the Police Chief one but I heard that after the Fire Chief, that's one of the rarest ones.

I'd like to get the RC ones too... I guess I better start looking.

chriscobbs

Loc.
Baltimore, MD
Thanks for posting my site Jeff.

RW, sorry, I don't know of a place to purchase the hood siren/light. Your best bet is going to be ebay, swapmeet, or an antique store.

OP
OP
Raptors_Wifey

Raptors_Wifey

Loc.
Lawton, OK
Yeah just as I feared... I've been on Ebay for a while and I've seen some interesting ones but the complete sets are well over $100 as a base bid... As far as antique stores go, I've only seen the typical collection of Matchboxes and Hotwheels not so much Nylint. I'll just wait till I go back to Michigan again... :(