• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Volt meter on stock gauge cluster & centech harness

TJGuidry

Loc.
Parks, Louisiana
I recently did a Centech wiring harness install. My volt meter on the gauge cluster has a flat band that is bent into a loop rather than 2 screws. The instructions say to run the red battery wire through the loop. I did and nothing happens. My meter could be broken. I just wondering if anyone else has the same set up and had the same problem. TIA.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
That is a amp meter, not a volt meter in the cluster. Different animal. You have to have the engine running to read amps. The amp meter shows you charge/discharge condition. The volt meter shows how many volts you have.

OP
OP
T

TJGuidry

Loc.
Parks, Louisiana
OK. The amp meter does not work. I know that the engine has to be running. I just want to know if the set up is correct or not or is there something else that needs to be done. I'm sorry that I called it the wrong name. Reason: 20 yr class reunion last night. Still dizzy this morning;D

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Thats another of the glitches in the Centech thats too simple for them to correct ! You must cut the red wire & use a crimp connector or plug . It won't read if you just stuff it thru .