• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vote Modified or Stock -- Hood Poll

Which Hood Should I use on this Restro Mod?

• Keep the Pro-Flow - it looks mean!

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • Put the stock back on before your grandpa's spirit haunts you forever!

Votes: 52 66.7%

• Total voters

Broncoholic1

`

i'm a big fan of the OEM hood lines. i like the classic look they have and if you can keep it a sleeper i think is a plus.

3X The stock is better if it fits, only use a pro hood for a color matched flairs, & Black out your flares:) Good To Go.

Sweet truck BTW... Wanna sell the hood?

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Go back to stock unless youre going to cut it and put flares on, either way I think your Grandps's spirit approves. I am a fan of the proflow hood and have one on mine but I like the classic look on classic broncos.

mikem356

Loc.
Valencia
Nice job on the Bronco, but I would go with the stock hood for this application. If it were cut, lifted with 33s etc I would take the Pro Flow.

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Keep the hood. If it had stock bumpers I might say no but it looks great with the black winch.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I voted to keep the pro-flow hood. You called it a restomod - so I think the hood fits it ok.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Alright fellas -- thanks for all the feedback and comments. I've thought about it long and hard -- and creamsickle nailed it for me.... it's something different, and I like that!

I've got new wheels going on, and then I'll post up some side shots. The more I look at it, the more I'm likin' it. It looks like it's about to "jump" on you!

See ya on the trail!

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
OK fellas -- after living with the scoop for a year, I'm going to go with the poll results. I Got to looking at the calendar pics, and they would have just come out better with the stock look. Just ordered a new steel "stock" hood and will have it installed asap! I'll updated pics as soon as it's done. But it showed really well in it's first Good Guys car show in Dallas this weekend! LOT'S of Early Bronco lovers out there!!

BTW -- just noticed I never posted any final pics of the beast in this thread, so here's a link to some...
Some pics of the Ragin' Cajun' finally home

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I take it back, I like the Pro-Flow hood on that. That Bronco has funk written all over it--Creole if you will, more than Cajun...which is not a jab at all. Its very cool and different in its own way. Great job! Have fun with it, whatever you decide to do.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
That is bad ass! Love the pro-flow on it! That Bronco is far from stock, would look great either way.