• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Waiting on winter

Blaney1

Loc.
Hyndman Pennsylvania
Well the time has come. Winter is the worst time for working for me due to the fact that I do not have a garage. I was just wondering, what do you do to keep busy on Bronco work when big projects can't be done?

kip60

I do have a garage, but the mrs. doesn't like dust all over her car from working inside on things. I usually try to reserve the smaller, cleaner projects for the colder months. Things like scraping the gunk off the engine bay, changing seals on the transfer case to stop the leaks. There's also the research online for things like welding videos, youtube videos for rebuilding carbs, things like that.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Work in the living room and kitchen! Did two sets of upholstery, a dash and a bunch of other stuff inside. Luckily I do have heat in the main garage. Seriously, any local friends or is renting a garage space for a few months an option?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
garage? what's is this you speak of?

Attachments

• 27215_1328401006705_774079_n.jpg
    27215_1328401006705_774079_n.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 66

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
It doesn't sound like we're going to have winter weather here this year.

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
All projects big and small for the most part take place here only when there's no snow to shovel;D. The challenging part is keeping me motivated.;D

Attachments

• DSC01731-1.jpg
    DSC01731-1.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 51

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
One option is to run an extension cord out to the car for a light and portable heater. I was able to do a lot of interior work at an apartment with no garage that way.

However, now I understand there is a local member whose shop has a heater.;)

Vin218

Loc.
Manchester, NH
I have the same problem and am trying to rent a garage for the winter. It may not be an option for you but it might be worth looking under the parking/storage section on craigslist and see if you can find any good deals close by on there.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
ON ANOTHER NOTE....how about a shelter? i kept mine in one for a winter, ran a torpedo heater long enough to heat it up and was very comfy in there for quite a while.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
drive your EB to your local pawn shop .... make sure they can store it safe & secure somewhere inside until the spring when its warmer to drive it back home and you can repay them the 200 loan you take out on it !!!

all @ 25% interest per month .... total cost $200.- for the 4 winter months !! ;)

regarding what to do in the winter months .... not much you cant do in south FL !

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Maybe take some classes at a local community college?

Learn welding? (or more welding if you already can?)

Learn auto body? (or improve what you already know?)

Learn auto upholstery?

Take stuff from your Bronco in to work on as class projects.

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Drag it out here! I have a four car shop at home with heat and 5000 sqft of powder coat shop that is usually 80 degrees in the dead of winter.
All I ask is your help getting my powder coat work done then free run of the shop.

sriha

I end up putting mine in cold storage in the barn. I usually have access to it if needed for a snow picture but they put way too much salt down for me to drive it on the road. I do maintenance and repairs when its warm outside but I don't drive it near enough to require much tinkering and haven't had the budget to add and fun things. We go snowmobiling, fat biking or skiing when we have snow or just sit and side and pout when we don't have it.