• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

want to convert from '92 mustang 5.0 efi to 351w efi

allen

thinking about converting my 1992 5.0 to a 351w. keeping the EFI. what do i need to change? i am running the explorer front serp on my 5.0 now. is it more than just the "engine"? do i keep all electronics the same? what year 351w should i look for?
thanks
allen

Ourobos

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Big Island Hawaii
Electronically, it's all the same. If your 19# injectors and meter can support the power level the 351w will be making (depends on what you have bolted to that 351w), then just change the required mechanical parts and bolt up the EFI you have. I can tell you 302 to 351w will require the engine, an intake, a different distributor, and oil pan, possibly exhaust. The rest will pretty much bolt up if I'm not missing and item or two. I have the explorer serpentine bolted to my 351w FYI, no issues.