• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wanted Badly...Stroppe Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

notagain

Looking for Stroppe Bronco. 72-75 preferred, however will consider any as long as suitable for a daily driver. Must be in good condition.Ideally looking to buy within next 90 days if the right Stroppe surfaced. Thanks.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking for Stroppe Bronco. 72-75 preferred, however will consider any as long as suitable for a daily driver. Must be in good condition.Ideally looking to buy within next 90 days if the right Stroppe surfaced. Thanks.

Just curious why you are looking for '72-'75 Stroppes and not a '71?

Thanks ,

Blue71

OP
OP
N

notagain

Seemed to work for me on my first 77 Bronco Ranger - newer rather than older- didn't have any major problems in 4 years. I still would consider the right Stroppe if it's a 71. I haven't checked if more were produced in that year, I understand there were not a lot of 75's. I think the 77 Ranger had a few features the earlier Broncos didn't. Kind of using the same logic, probably flawed.

73explorer

Loc.
Fayetteville, NC
i understand your thinking, but when it comes to stroppes, the earlier the better as far as desirability. those were the ones that the stroppe shop had the most hands-on custom building. by 1975 there wasnt much need for the stroppe options as they came standard on the factory broncos and these were probably delivered to stroppe with everything but the suspension already in place.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
i understand your thinking, but when it comes to stroppes, the earlier the better as far as desirability. those were the ones that the stroppe shop had the most hands-on custom building. by 1975 there wasnt much need for the stroppe options as they came standard on the factory broncos and these were probably delivered to stroppe with everything but the suspension already in place.

Well, 73-75s were delivered with the auto and PS already in place at any rate. No more hack n' tap! My '71 slipped through "The Shoppe" with a 3 spd and manual steering however.

Keep it down, though, guys. Slick might hear us! :) :)

tw

Rumpfy

Loc.
San Jose, Ca.
Keep it down, though, guys. Slick might hear us! :) :)

tw

I need him to remind me that my Stroppe isn't worth much....again. :p

Last I saw, the auction was at $15.2k. I really don't think an non-Stroppe Bronco in similar condition would hit that number.

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California

Rumpfy

Loc.
San Jose, Ca.
So yours is a Stroppe? You're doing yourself a disservice by not advertising that in the thread. Please provide some details. And for $2500 I'll take it. ;D

Also, that ebay truck is back on Craigslist.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/car/771883733.html

I guess they pulled the auction because they felt 15.2 wasn't close enough to 17.5. Understandable.

bobmirko seems confused as to where/how to post. :p $2500 asking price huh.

As for the eBay/CL Stroppe. I thought $15k and change seemed reasonable. You think he'll get his $17.5k asking price?

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California
As for the eBay/CL Stroppe. I thought $15k and change seemed reasonable. You think he'll get his $17.5k asking price?

I havent put eyes on the truck so I wouldn't even hazard a guess. There was a nice 73 out here in LA priced at 15K that didnt sell for quite some time. It had some huge paint issues that werent going to be easy to fix but I thought the price was fair.

Rumpfy

Loc.
San Jose, Ca.
I havent put eyes on the truck so I wouldn't even hazard a guess. There was a nice 73 out here in LA priced at 15K that didnt sell for quite some time. It had some huge paint issues that werent going to be easy to fix but I thought the price was fair.

The yellow one? I gave that one a thought or two.

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California
The yellow one? I gave that one a thought or two.

No, it was a non-Scotty truck. The owner had had it repainted in Stroppe colors, but the shop had run out of the mixed red before finishing the truck. The pass side door jam and some of the interior was a deeper shade of red than the rest of the truck. Still a cool truck, just needed to be repainted by someone with a little bit more of a clue.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
No, it was a non-Scotty truck. The owner had had it repainted in Stroppe colors, but the shop had run out of the mixed red before finishing the truck. The pass side door jam and some of the interior was a deeper shade of red than the rest of the truck. Still a cool truck, just needed to be repainted by someone with a little bit more of a clue.

Gotta love painters. That's what happened to mine, although they did the whole thing in the wrong red. Look at what THAT caused....

Attachments

• BajaResto2008-Day12 043copy.JPG
    BajaResto2008-Day12 043copy.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 108

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Its just a lot of colors. My painter tried to talk me into Root Beer Brown with extra pearl. I told him...only if we do gold leaf too! Then he got grumpy.

Rumpfy

Loc.
San Jose, Ca.

Ooooh. Thats bad regardless of what vehicle the paint is being laid down on.

Status
Not open for further replies.