• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Wanted Dana 44 complete with drum brakes and 3.50 gears. Limited slip locked a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C_Man69EB

I need a Dana 44 complete front axle set up for a 71 to 75 EB with drum brakes. I have a disc brake set up that I would consider on trade with some cash for a drum brake axle setup. This is for my Bill Stroppe Baja and the previous owner put a complete disc brake front end under it.

I am interested in putting the truck back closer to original..in 71 with drums. This Baja has factory 3.50 gears but should have a locking front end. I will also consider selling the 76-77 front end I have with 3.50s. For 1000.00 obo. Please email me here. Thank you. Cullen

bronconut1

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have one just removed from a 1976 complete 62k mile unit $250 plus shipping from Illinois

OP
OP
C_Man69EB

C_Man69EB

sounds good. im interested. confident it has 3.50 gears? im trying to avoid swapping gears. thank you. also, when convenient please check on shipping for me to oklahoma city, 73120. thank you sir. cullen

OP
OP
C_Man69EB

C_Man69EB

Also, if its not too much trouble, quick picture to here or text would be outstanding. i know,they all look the same, but it helps with peace of mind and being thorough. my cell is 405 203 7050. thank you so much! Cullen

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
You could find most of the drum brake parts from a Dana 44 for free and just convert your front end to drums.

OP
OP
C_Man69EB

C_Man69EB

Justino.... You are very correct and honestly that may be the best idea. There are a few good scenarios. But, if I pull the entire disc brake Front end that has value as well. I suppose the disc brake components along with value for somebody tried to do the opposite. My 69 has a 77 front end under it, and I could keep this other front end as a spare. Who Knows.

Toddpole

Contributor
I have a 72 with 3.50 gears in Abilene, TX. Are you going to Katmecy in April?

OP
OP
C_Man69EB

C_Man69EB

hmmm....hadnt made plans to...Id have to check with the social planner. neither of my trucks are really rock rigs...the 69 is kinda a trail truck but I havent really ever been on the rocks with her.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The 76-77 axle housing has a different track bar mount. I'd try to find a 71-75 D44 myself.

OP
OP
C_Man69EB

C_Man69EB

Andrew, that sums it up. I have found one from a member on the list and its a good price, just bad shipping. but thats ok. I will have a complete 77 front end when done. I had forgotten about the other track bar mount, but I remember that now that you mention it. thank you. I will seal the deal with bronconut.

OP
OP
C_Man69EB

C_Man69EB

i was considering the drum brake swap on the front end I have but i do desire to have the track bar correct. good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.