• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL Wanted: Looking for one just like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_blue

Loc.
Laramie, WY
No offense, but it sounds like you are asking somebody to build a $40k truck and then sell it to you for $20k. That does happen from time to time, but not often. I think $18k for the Ebay bronco is actually cheap if the guy is rebuilding it to sell. Now whether or not he gets it is another story.

OP
OP
A

anmpharm

Just going off recent market transactions is really how I determine today's market value. Unfortunately the market isn't what it was, consequently, things are selling at a fraction of the price. I have been in the same boat as many of today's sellers with numerous toys I have purchased, unfortunately, based on what some of the frame off restore truck's are selling for and what's been sold on ebay and this sight, it looks like a $12,000 truck... Just my opinion, take it for what its worth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

anmpharm

Just looking for opinions on what people on this site would pay for a truck like the one I listed. Today's market value...

ghost66

Bronco Guru
I wouldn't say it's a stripped truck but it needs a few things that you want like the front and rear accessory bumpers, disc brakes, and a roll cage, didn't see where he mentioned what lift is in it, and I wouldn't want a dana 30 in a Bronco and wonder why it even has one being a 74.Overall it looks pretty good other than the steering wheel being original. I have to agree that it is a $8000.00 Bronco with a decent paint job and some new parts. I wouldn't pay more than 12,000 for it myself bit I would bet if he does the upgrades he'll get what he's asking from someone.

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not a fan of the textured paint on the outside- and diamond plating

Attachments

• !B0jLNugEWk~$(KGrHqIOKi!E)MmUjknMBM,)cyph2w~~_3.jpg
    !B0jLNugEWk~$(KGrHqIOKi!E)MmUjknMBM,)cyph2w~~_3.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 32

baby_blue

Loc.
Laramie, WY
That bronco is missing some serious upgrades! Manual brakes, drum brakes, Dana 30. In todays market he won't come close to the $18k he would like to get. I think $12k is actually being generous. Nowhere in the description does he mentioned that it was frame off resto. In addition there are no pictures of the undercarraige. What does the frame look like? So if he is building to resell then this is a poor market to do that in. The EBs getting higher dollars are frame off restos or really built up broncos. This EB is neither. I honostly would be surprised to see it go over $10k.

Question is what would it take to make it the way you want it? The previous bronco you posted did have the upgrades. How much do you think that it would cost to make this bronco like the previous one? Maybe you can get what you want for the same price. Buy this one for $10k, if it does go for that, and then spend another $10k for the upgrades.

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just noticed the two bronco's you are comparing are built by the same guy (Same EBay seller- 4chance0 )

Tell him you want similar stuff to the first one for extra $,$$$-

Have you contacted him, being you want one exactly like the first one?

Attachments

• !B0jL!dQEWk~$(KGrHqYOKjIE)OJ1,T!ZBM,)b7ynGg~~_3.jpg
    !B0jL!dQEWk~$(KGrHqYOKjIE)OJ1,T!ZBM,)b7ynGg~~_3.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 38
  • !B)OG7S!!2k~$(KGrHqZ,!iIEv1+0F84lBMMj!gHFCw~~_3.jpg
    !B)OG7S!!2k~$(KGrHqZ,!iIEv1+0F84lBMMj!gHFCw~~_3.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
A

anmpharm

I already talked to the guy and told him I was willing to pay extra during the build process to make a few changes. He was not interested in making any changes and just wanted $18,000 for the most current ebay post.

OP
OP
A

anmpharm

Thanks for the lead MONO but unfortunately I'm not mechanically inclined.. Looking for something mint and finished,

OP
OP
A

anmpharm

Please excuse my ignorance.. What is a dana 30 and why don't I want one..

baby_blue

Loc.
Laramie, WY
The Dana 30 is the size of the front axle. I am not sure why this bronco has it as it should be a Dana 44 for a '74. The majority of of bronco drivers would swap out the 30 for a 44 if they do even a little bit of wheeling. Many of the 44s are robbed from broncos to put under heeps as they used inferior axles. If you don't plan on taking it offroad at all then it wouldn't matter, but if you do then you would want the 44.

OP
OP
A

anmpharm

Looking for a frame off in mint condition, willing to go $20,000 if I find the right one..

Status
Not open for further replies.