• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Warn Full Floating Axle Conversion Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackHoleRacer

Loc.
Phoenix
20160415_221448.jpg

20160415_221411.jpg

20160415_221421.jpg

20160415_221317.jpg

20160415_221244.jpg

Warn Full Floating Axle Conversion Kit Ford Bronco 9" 1966-1977
Kit is Complete, NEW and never installed.
Includes installation instructions and has some original packaging.
The axle's are 31 spline.
To be sold as a complete kit.
Please PM me with any questions.
Asking for best offer.

Last edited:

01JLH

Great for towing the bronco, like behind a motorhome. Just unlock the hubs and go. also you should never break an axle or spider gear as the hub will fail before anything else breaks and is an easy fix.

OP
OP
JackHoleRacer

JackHoleRacer

Loc.
Phoenix
Do not know what they would be rated for. They are a chromoly- nickle 31 spline however. But like was posted previously the hub assembly would be the weak point. If you ran a drive flange kit instead of the hubs they should be as strong as any comparable axle.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
any idea how brakes work with this? Is that a big bearing flange? Looks like it.

o2bnmud

The center hole in the drum needs to machined bigger to fit over the hubs, or do a disc brake conversion. The hubs are definitely the week link, I've broke 3-4 over the last 12 or so years I've been running mine. Warn still replaces them under warranty with a copy of the receipt. I switched to drive flanges a couple years ago, and last year I stripped out the splines out of one side my spool, so as far as strength I think the kit is pretty strong.

For reference I run a 351W bored .060 over with approximately 9:1 compression, C4, dual dana 20's, 4.88's, and 37 inch Krawlers and I drive it like I stole it.

snipes243

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
The center hole in the drum needs to machined bigger to fit over the hubs, or do a disc brake conversion. The hubs are definitely the week link, I've broke 3-4 over the last 12 or so years I've been running mine. Warn still replaces them under warranty with a copy of the receipt. I switched to drive flanges a couple years ago, and last year I stripped out the splines out of one side my spool, so as far as strength I think the kit is pretty strong.

For reference I run a 351W bored .060 over with approximately 9:1 compression, C4, dual dana 20's, 4.88's, and 37 inch Krawlers and I drive it like I stole it.

If I remember right the locking hubs are actually 30 spline which is the same as the RCVs. So you could upgrade the inner gear on the hub to 300M and increase your strength

Status
Not open for further replies.