• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Warn M8000 winch wiring

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Can anyone give me the scoop on how to wire the control box on a warn to the winch motor. The diagram on the site doesn't match what I have. See the diagrams compared to my box. Pos cable is in a different spot and the wires inside to box are black and red (not color coded line the diagram shows)

Obviously I know the red cable goes to the battery. One wire is labeled F-2 so I'm good there. What goes to "A" and "F-1"?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
Banjer Picker

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Diagram on warn web site

Diagram on Warn web site...wrong

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 38

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey, trial and error rule. Except when you smell smoke or pull your whole arm up into the drum because it reversed when you said "forward"!!!

So is this a used winch that didn't have it's own instructions? If new, maybe the model numbers between yours and the instructions were different?
Either way though, how'd you hook it up? What color went where?

Paul

OP
OP
Banjer Picker

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Hey Paul. Yeah that smoke is what I was afraid of. The winches ive had before were simply a positive and a neg wire to battery and done. I did get this one used but in great shape. Just no directions avail. I figured it out pretty quickly...was just tryin to avoid burning anything up. No colors avail excep the blue sticker on the cable and the blue F-2 post. Just started guessing after that and all worked out! Lucked out this time.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Whew... Maybe buy some Lottery tickets while you're feeling lucky!

Paul

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Glad you got yours figured out. I haven't spent a ton of time on mine yet (bought it brand new) but I can't get mine to reel in correctly and the last time I tried it a few weeks ago I saw smoke coming out of the motor :(. More work to do...

Todd Z.