• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Water in my Gas tank

JokerOfDeception

Loc.
Whittier friggin cal
%) yes, i think that is what it is, because it runs like crap when i have a little under a quarter tank of gas, and i discovered my efi return line plug was gone, and odds are it was gone when i was having fun during the rainy season. I put in some 91 and the symptoms went away until my tank got low again. Doesnt water sit on top of gas? or am i mistaken. Should i just drop the tank and empty it out or what?

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
go to your local propane busniess and get a gallon of methonal alcohol, they use it to remove water in propane, and it works great for gas too. Dont use alot, about a cup will work for your usage, but every time you get down to about 1/3-1/4 of a tank for awile, put a cup in and drive it spiritedly, should do the trick (plus cleans your fuel system). Just remember, a little does alot ;)

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
As jeepster mentioned water is heavier than gas. If you have a 23 gallon tank or other aftermarket tank; is there a drain?

I also have a water fuel separator that I am putting inline to avoid this problem. They can be purchased from www.Summittracing.com or www.jegg.com.

hth,

Mick

OP
OP
J

JokerOfDeception

Loc.
Whittier friggin cal
ok so i am trying alcohol right now, nobody around here has that dry gas solution. Could it also be somewhat related to my fuel filter? i bought a new one and i just grabbed the biggest one on the shelf that was clear and had the same hose male adapters on it. I switched tanks and it also did it on my aux tank, i ran it for a couple minutes like this. should i run it like this till it pukes or suck all my gas through the lines until water starts to come out, and then put a small 8oz container of alcohol and a couple gallons of gas?