• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

water pump bolts

mtnbiker2010

Loc.
Grand Rapids MI
I have been rebuilding my engine and installing a new wiring harness over the late fall and this spring. Well I must have misplaced a bucket of nuts and bolts as I can't seem to find the bolts for the water pump, thermostat housing, alternator, and power steering. I have gone through many boxes of extra bolts and still am not finding all the different sizes for these items particularly the water pump. If I were to go to a parts store, Napa, Autozone, Pepboys, etc. could I just ask for the bolts for a 302 water pump and such or do I need the bolts to compare sizes myself.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
NO YOU CANT....But what you can do is ask me too look up a pump that is supposed to fit your bronco and then get the bolts that stick thru the pump with enough thread to hold correctly ...same as for the state housing ..and the other items you needed ...I used to own a parts house for 30 years so there is always a way to get around some things....
WHERE THERE IS A WILL , THERE IS A WAY...

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Best thing to do at this point is go to eBay and grab one of the stainless steel bolt kits. Good stuff at a good price!
Good luck!
Mikey

Mikey

Bronco Guru
If you don't like eBay, Summit can fix you up and deliver in two days.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Some of those bolts in the kit aren't always correct depending on what different brackets your vehicle may have. I bought the ARP engine kit and still had to get some of the bolts elsewhere.