• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Went out and got myself a trail rig!!!!

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I love my Bronco but I made the serious mistake of making it to nice to wheel. I can't stand the thought of bashing my 74 on trees. My buddy who made my tube doors was needing to sell his bronco so I picked it up.

Here are the stats....

'88 T-bird 5.0 (non-HO), maybe 5K on stock rebuild
Griffin aluminum 2 row radiator
Factory C4 with less than 20K on complete overhaul
Twin sticked Dana 20 with Tera Low 3.15:1 gearset,
less than 10K on complete rebuild and gears
Chevy disc conversion with Warn premium hubs, James
Duff power brake kit
AGR rebuilt 4 turn factory steering box, Saginaw pump
Detroit EZ Locker rear
3.5" lift, poly bushings, Rancho RS9000s
New 35" MTRs on rockcrawler rims
Full custom cage, seats, 3 point belts
Lots of new parts, new fuel pumps, hoses, serp belt,
etc with 5.0 swap.
Have hard top (doesn't fit over cage), usable Kayline
Fastrack soft top. New rear driveshaft. Have spare
t-case parts, driveshaft, rear axle shafts. misc
parts.
Stock 3.54 gears, axle shafts. Pretty much everything
mechanical replaced within the past few thousand miles
of service.

About the only thing it needs is rewired and some rust repair. The PO replaced the inner fenders with a tube front end so there isn't anything to rust and what was rusted is now long gone. Only the rear floor is serious. It's ugly but it is gonna be a fun rig.

Attachments

• cagerearoverhead.jpg
    cagerearoverhead.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 103
  • cageprofile.jpg
    cageprofile.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 1975 003.jpg
    1975 003.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 1975 019.jpg
    1975 019.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 73

YellowBronc

Bronco God
So.........you gonna test it out at Howiepalooza? Or maybe we can go to Kansas Rocks Park for a closer test. I've never been to either so we should plan something.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Nice Nice Nice!!!

Get rid of all the body panels & install the Core Offroad body cage!!!!!!

Talk about East Coast Airconditioning!!!!

Cheers!

Merlin76

I am going to be at the Kansas Rocks off-road park on the 14-15th of May (weekend after Mothers Day)... You guys should come out! I'll be there with some of my Girlfriend's Jeeper Buddies (Prolly pulling them out of stuff that they souldn't be in... :p) Send me a PM if you guys can make it and I'll get you my cell # so we can hook up....

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Great score! One of these days I'll have a trail only rig as well. nothing sucks more than going wheelin and being paranoid about mashin stuff up ;D

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
She may look rode hard, and put away wet...but you know what's inside ;) Treat her good and she will give you countless hours of pleasure...for you and your friends ;D

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
"made it too nice to wheel"....ain't that the truth! seems to be a common problem.....only cured by another rig in the stable! Nice buy man, enjoy..

OP
OP
SACHEM

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
My long run plans include a centech wiring harness and a one color paint job.

As for the floor check out the pic. It figure this bronco must havwe been in a flood during it's lfe because that bck channel was full if sand and dirt. I dug it all out and not much channel was left.

I really want to go wheeling but I need to get the brakes looked at. They seem spongy. I can't go mother's day weekend. :mad:

thanks fro the kind words. Give me a little time to work out some bugs and learn the truck. Right now all I'm sure of is that this truck is more capable than I am

Attachments

• 1975 020.jpg
    1975 020.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 21