• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

West Coast broncos 4x4x2 steering box custom mounting plate

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
West Coast broncos is no longer selling their custom mounting plate for the 4x4x2 steering boxes. For those of you that have used them, you know how nice they are, putting the box in the perfect location. I am working with a machine shop to have new ones replicated and just putting the word out to gauge interest. No idea on price yet. Mark in San Diego, Beach City Broncos 619 997-9954

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
Hello Mark. I'm running that mount and it's great, but I would really love a brace like
this one Duff used to sell. If you feel like having that machine shop take the brace
project on, for sure I'd buy one, and I bet you could sell a ton more since no one makes them
anymore.

Attachments

• 4x4x2 box brace.jpg
    4x4x2 box brace.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 60

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
I have the WCB 4x4x2 plate and have been running it for a little more than 15 years. It was a nice adapter piece that made it easy to mount the box using the factory pass throughs. Guess I'm one of the people that "didn't" buy them lol.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
Actually, the brace was made for the AGR modified Scout II power steering box, that was a popular swap into Bronco.
The Scout II box did not have the needed mounting boss toward the rear of box, as required for the rear pointing pitman arm required in a Bronco.

1720403275362.png

1720403303210.png

Also, brace did not fit very well, and judicious use of washers was required.

1720403636735.png

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
I have the WCB 4x4x2 plate and have been running it for a little more than 15 years. It was a nice adapter piece that made it easy to mount the box using the factory pass throughs. Guess I'm one of the people that "didn't" buy them lol.
thegreatjustino was commenting on the Duff brace that RODRIG3911 asked about.

Mark at Beach City Broncos is talking about the 4x4x2 mounting plate that WCB sold years ago.

Here is their discription:

" This kit consists of a hefty 3/4" thick steel adapter plate
and grade 8 hardware. It bolts to the Early Bronco frame using the stock,
properly reinforced holes in the frame. Then the Rockcrawler box bolts
directly to the adapter plate. There are no compromising holes to drill. One
caveat with this method is that it does slightly change the drag link geometry,
as it moves the pitman arm 3/4" outboard (the thickness of the plate) and
slightly downward.
"

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've been running one for around 15 years as well, only run 33" tires but I wheel it fairly hard with no issues. I'm guessing that you could sell some of them.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

Not at all what the comment was about. The comment was about the brace shown in the photo of the thread I quoted.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Actually, the brace was made for the AGR modified Scout II power steering box, that was a popular swap into Bronco.
The Scout II box did not have the needed mounting boss toward the rear of box, as required for the rear pointing pitman arm required in a Bronco.

View attachment 927866

View attachment 927867

Also, brace did not fit very well, and judicious use of washers was required.

View attachment 927868
Thanks for the clarification on that - I do recall that Duff's sold the modified Scout boxes at one time so that makes sense.

Todd Z.

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Todd is correct as usual. We did another run of them a few years ago and have a few left. They've never made it onto the website though. $35 while they last ;)
IMG_6424.jpg