• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH IPF X4 Headlight Kit - Update - WOW!!! *VIDEO Added*

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've been wanting to upgrade my headlights and had some questions on the WH kit. Will it still provde high/low beams?
And what's the difference between the super clear and super low beams? TIA

Scott

Attachments

• IPX X4.jpg
    IPX X4.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Not sure what the difference is between the two and to be honest, can't even tell you which one I've got! LOL... All I can say is it's a helluva upgrade and WELL worth the money! Installes in about 30 min and the difference you'll see in your night driving is phenomenal. And yes, you still have high and low beams.

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
OBTW, can't remember which one of the kits has the higher output but that's the one I'm going with on my new crawler build. Give WH a call, they'll shoot ya the straight scoop.

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
I love mine - I was shocked at how well done the wiring harness is put together with protective loom and measured perfectly for our trucks. I got the bulbs that are blue and love how they look during the day, but they are super bright at night. There is a high/low beam. I would call and ask WH which kit they recommend.

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
i've been interested in this headlight upgrade as well. just deciding if i should bite the bullet and buy it?:?

OP
OP
gr8scott

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for all the input guys! I just ordered the kit with the super low beam bulbs. Can't wait to get it installed! :cool:

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
i went with the headlights from JBG because they had the diamond clear versions and then i bought WH wire kit.....and WOW! what a difference its just like headlights on a new car...i couldnt believe the difference.....the WH comes wired when on hi beam the low beams are on as well....

OP
OP
gr8scott

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
let us know how you like it when you install it maybe even some night pictures;D

Will do! The big brown truck should be here tomorrow!;D Won't do the installation until Friday though, due to work:(

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
You still have hi and low beam. The wiring comes with a diode plugged in that keeps the low beam on when you hit the hi. You have the option of disconnecting it. Thanks for the comments.

OP
OP
gr8scott

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Fungus was right!! Phenomenal!! The difference between this kit and halogen bulbs is night and day ;D. I got it installed yesterday
and drove it last night, still need to adjust them a little. Won't get any pics until my foot gets better (hurt it at work, damn work!).

OP
OP
gr8scott

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This video doesn't do them justice, but check out the IPX X4 headlights
[YOUTUBE]C4R4YNJjitM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, hard to see in the video, but it looks like what your eyes see extends a lot farther than the "fill" just in front of the truck. That about right?
You can really see the "reflective range" though, when you look way down the road and see them little dots looking back at you.

Thanks for the video. A comparison video is one of the little projects I've been wanting to work on when I had the time, but that's a ways down the road (no pun intended) still.

Paul

OP
OP
gr8scott

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, hard to see in the video, but it looks like what your eyes see extends a lot farther than the "fill" just in front of the truck. That about right?
Paul

Exactly right Paul.