• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What a coincidence!

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
I know Ford only had a limited number of key patterns that were used. Imagine my surprise when I inadvertantly used my '72 key in the '68 and it worked. I've had this happen with other Fords too... my '76 Torino key opened and started a friend's '76 Mustang and a girl that I went to school with had a '69 Cougar whose key would open and start her brothers '67 F-100.

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
if i remember right they had less than 100 different locks that they used. it doesnt surprise me one bit you have had those experiences

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
A friend of mine worked on my bronco. When it was brought back to me it had a new set of keys?. I thought it was kind of strange and was wondering what happened to my ford key ring. When I ran into him later, he asked if I still had those keys.... It turns out he was working on a couple of broncos and got our keys mixed up. His keys worked in mine bronco, but mine did not work in his