• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What a difference Tires make

crc419

I was stubborn on leaving a set of BFG Krawler TA KOs 35 x13.5 x15 on my 68EB, truck has new steering box, WH clydesdale Tie rods etc, I thought it was good and stiff n tight. Switched out to BFG AllTerrain TA KO same 35 x 12.50 x15. Dont do mud do sand and pavement, Krawler no good on sand ATs are smooth and QUIET---- should have changed a year ago, man its a new truck---fought my own common sense for $$$s.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
;DThat is all it can take to change the handling on these bronco's.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I have also experienced this.
The BFG A/T is getting more and more unique with all of the new tread designs out there.
I have ran them since the mid 80's on many different vehicles. Still my favorite all around tire.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I ran BFG ATs on my pickup truck for years. I liked the balance of on and off road performance and traction in nearly all conditions. I did however get more punctures in those tires than any other set of tires I have owned on any vehicle. I am sure that bad luck played a bigger role than anything (at work there were big remodel projects happening, etc) but they sure left a bad taste in my mouth. Treadwear was pretty outstanding though, over 50,000 miles and they were still "legal" when I replaced them.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anybody here have experience with the latest generation KO2 A/Ts? I have been keeping an eye on the March release for the size I want for my 1 ton pickup. tim

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
But when it comes to the rocks, it's hard to beat a sticky Krawler ... or any other comp. tread compound. Tires have come so far in the recent years.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
KO2s on mine but haven't been off the pavement yet. Very quiet on the road though. Love the looks. 265/75/16

20141218_150911_zpsregedxsx.jpg

Message_1419095663525_zpskdzeotfg.jpg

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Apologize for getting this somewhat off topic. I have read mixed reviews on-line. Some diehards out there swear the KO's are still better than the KO2s. Glad to hear they are quiet. Some say not! And I have read that they are excellent in snow, not quite as good in mud. Of course they are an AT not a MT. And I did see 15" is not available. Probably not enough 15"ers out there to create a demand. Love the look? Yes!

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
go from them 35's to a set of 37's and you will be amazed how much smother your ride will be! My beat to hell set of 37" BGF muds ride way way way smother than my set of brand new 35" BFG AT's.

kip60

How much body lift do you have? I thought 32's were about all you could get under uncut fender wells.